Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Wonderful Safari, sleep among the hippos and lions, terrific wildlife, super competent and kowledgeable guide!

We did a safari tour with a great guy named Kimondo. He was very friendly, chill, and flexible! He... read more

Reviewed yesterday
SwissImpala
A Polé Polé adventure

The hike was very well organized, the guides Erick and Yahyi very friendly, competent, and... read more

Reviewed yesterday
SwissImpala

Recommended experiences in and around Moshi
from US$ 145.00
from US$ 2,564.11
from US$ 54.49
Moshi sunset bus
13 Reviews
from US$ 12.31
More Info
All reviews day safari lemosho route rhino lodge assistant guide these guys private safari from start to finish mara river booking process whole team spotting animals his knowledge amazing safari experience amazing team uhuru peak whole group days nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 March 2019 via mobile

Me and my partner did a 7 day trek on Machame route with Monkey adventure in early februari 2019. The trek was amazing! Everything went as planned and we absolutely loved our guides Godlisten and Humphrey! They were very professional and helpful. We felt safe and well taken care of and did not experience much problems with the altitude. From a Swedish perspective the trek was wery luxurious with fresh food (no dry food, we even got fresh watermelon!) and dinner served at a set table in a separate mess-tent. The food was just great and the crew was really nice. Would definitly recomend choosing Monkey adventures. The only thing you will regret is not tipping more, they really did a great job!
/Katarina and Magnus from Sweden

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank katarina a
Reviewed 28 March 2019

Monkey Adventures helped giving me the best experience in my life so far! I'm SO incredibly happy and grateful that me and my friends decided to book our safari and Kilimanjaro trip with Monkey, despite the low price and weirdly so many amazing reviews (how could it be true, right?). Well, their concept really really works.

We did a 2 day safari to the Tarangire Nationalpark and Ngorongoro crater. The night was spent at a really nice lodge in between the two locations we were visiting. The guide, Masai, was extremely knowledgable, had studied wild life and animals and could answer all our questions, always with a smile. The three of us were alone in the jeep, which made it comfortable despite our long legs, and in the end the safari was just a dream come true and left me with a happy heart.

Arriving in Moshi after our safari, we had a Kilimanjaro briefing at the hotel. The next day we went to a gear shop where we easily could rent the gear we didn't have. Then set out for the Machame gate and started our trek. I could not have asked for better people to take care of us in the mountain, I felt completely safe at all times. We were served great food, and Hassan (porter/waiter) was so helpful and amazing. Summit night was extremely tough and I am so proud of myself - but without our incredible guides, I would have probably not made it. TINO, FRANK, JONATHAN - you are three of the greatest human beings I have ever met, and I am so thankful.

Book with Monkey, I was amazed!

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank kin82
Reviewed 27 March 2019

I climbed Kilimanjaro with Monkey Adventures last December. I was first little bit suspicious because the cost of the tour was much cheaper than anywhere else. But I decided to go with them in the end as I really couldn't find any bad review (which was also little bit suspicious to me). Now I can confirm that these guys are the best option if you want to make your way to the top easy and fun. They provided excellent group of porters who did everything to make those 8 days on Lemosho route as easy as possible. Thanks to them I will never forget this adventure. I really don't know if they have another group of porters, but try to be the part of the group which is led by Bajuta. He is an amazing guide, always making the good atmosphere and keeping our spirit high. In the hardest moments he used to sing and help us to forget about high altitude sickness. We just couldn't have more luck with the guide. Also I need to mention great food made by Vino who did some magic to make most delicious food in that wilderness, then Abu, Dennis, Nasri and all other people without their help this achievement wouldn't be possible. Thank you guys a lot!!! I wish you many happy climbings!!!

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank kosijer
Reviewed 23 March 2019 via mobile

Amazing journey on the Lemosho Route (6 days). Our guide Sam and his crew took a great care of us. They did everything to help us make it to Uhuru Peak.
This trip is a trip of a lifetime, you will never forget about it !
Sam and his crew is really the best, if you wanna meet some amazing people and put all the chances on your side in order to succeed, pick his team and you won’t be disappointed !

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed 19 March 2019

We had the TIME OF OUR LIVES on our private guided tour through Tanzania. Our guide Cosimas went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed ourselves. He operated as both a driver, a translator, and a nature guide throughout the trip. Each morning we'd wake up around 6:30a, have a delicious breakfast at the various bush camps, then spend the entire day from 8am until 5pm seeing the sights and searching for wildlife. Cosi was excellent at spotting animals, which can be very difficult to do in high grass. We saw loads of elephant (on average,30-40 per day), lions devouring a warthog carcass, mating, grooming and sleeping. We saw leopards doing all of those things too! Plenty of waterbuffalo and giraffes; honestly, you name it, we saw it, UP CLOSE! Each night we would head back to the camps which were all very well designed and clean.

It's a bit unnerving planning a trip all the way to Tanzania, from your home computer here in the States (los angeles to be exact), but once we arrived and were in the hands of the Monkey Adventures staff, all of our troubles melted away.

I cannot think of a single negative thing to say about this very well-run company. The booking process was very clear and they remained available for contact all the way up through our arrival.

And again, our guide was such a wonderful person to spend time with. Very understanding personality, very funny, and kept my husband and I entertained the entire time.

There are so many tour providers for Serengeti, Tarangire, Ndutu and Ngorongoro regions, but this one was by far the best. And VERY AFFORDABLE compared to others.

Highly recommend.