Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

from US$ 580.00
from US$ 102.81
from US$ 1,920.00
More Info
All reviews from start to finish lemosho route guide chris single animal making sure incredible team uhuru peak ngorongoro crater unforgettable experience bucket list every meal bakari cook airport climb safari kilimanjaro
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

After all my online search l find Kilisa tour
I booked tour with them
Compare other companies it was easy to communicate honest answers l book over them
Thank you for organizing my lovey klimanjero adventure

Date of experience: January 2020
Kilisa2016, Front Office Manager at Kilisa Tours & Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2020

Hello Captain,

Thank you for Taking your time to leave us an amazing review, Very much appreciated!

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 March 2020 via mobile

I want to thank Kilisa tours for the great service. I went on a three day camping safari from Moshi. It was only me, the guide and later we were joined by the cook. Ngorongoro crater and Serengeti park are stunning! My guide Chris did the greatest job on finding the animsls. We saw all of the Big Five, pretty close.The tent that was put out for me was very comfortable. Even though the rain poured all nights, i stayed dry and warm. The food on safari was delicious, thanks to our wonderful cook. Thank you, Kilisa tours for the great memories. I am very impressed and satisfied with the trip. Exellent Job!

Date of experience: February 2020
Kilisa2016, Front Office Manager at Kilisa Tours & Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2020

Hello
Maria, I would just like to take the opportunity to thank you for being such a valued guest. I am so happy to see that you had enjoyed your experience with Kilisa tours Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff
It is always so nice to receive such feedback as we work hard to ensure that our guest have lovely experience with us
Your opinion is of great value to us as we constantly strive to improve our services.

Reviewed 2 March 2020

I contacted top 10 ranked agencies for my 7 day private Machame route climb and Kilisa(owner Naick) was very responsive and offered me the best price.

Nickson and guide Livingston arrived in the hotel the afternoon before the hike to brief and look at all the items I needed for the trek. Livingston along with the cook and porters were all instrumental to my reaching the Uhuru peak and coming down safely. I had delicious meals every day. Livingston made sure to check the oxygen level and general health everyday before going to bed.

Some of the porters would come back after setting up the tents to carry my day pack while I was still an hour or 2 away from everyday destinations. When i was climbing down from the peak, they climbed up an hour and half or so to welcome me with fruit juices and carried me for the last hour as I had trouble walking because of my knees.

I cannot appreciate enough their help. Their main goal is to help clients reach the peak and complete the climb successfully.

Date of experience: August 2019

Hello gk2160

Thank you for taking your time to leave us such a kind review
It is our intention to offer the great service so that our guests can still enjoy their Experiences and have great memories once they are back home.
Thanks for choosing us.

Reviewed 29 February 2020

I can’t recommend Kilisa Tours enough. We just finished the trek a couple of days ago. From the pick up at the airport, everything went smoothly. We asked our driver Nicholson to give us a little tour walking around Moshi as we had some time to kill, which he did happily (we gave him a tip obviously). Then our guides, the fabulous Bakari and Matthew, cake to our hotel to check over our kit, making sure we had everything we needed and tell us the plan for the six days ahead.

On day one, we stopped by the office to pick up the amazing crew of 7 porters, our chef and Matt and Bakari. Everyone was super friendly from the word go and they all had some limited English so we could converse a little bit.

Day one was through the rainforest - we got soaked - but we’re met back at camp with our tent set up and shortly after a hot meal presented to us. This was the standard every day. Some days we even stopped for a hot lunch. Both me and my partner are vegetarian and our chef - Kurwa - or Mama Africa, always made tasty filling food for us. Even breakfast was two courses. He couldn’t feed us enough and we were both very grateful to have full bellies!

The porters always beat us to camp, even though every day we were the first trekkers to arrive, which is testament to the brilliant organisation of Kilisa and our guides. A couple of porters would even meet us most days about 500km from camp and carry our day packs for the last stretch.

As for our guides, Matthew and Bakari. They were brilliant. Their confidence and positivity put us immediately at ease. The one tough day was the stretch to the summit (obviously) and they guided us through it with such kindness and grace, I cannot praise them enough. They kept us going, kept us warm and most importantly got us down as quickly as they possible could as by the time we’d hit the top we both felt pretty awful.

This was the most awesome, friendliest, most professional group of people and the price of the trek seemed reasonable when comparing to other companies. The staff all seemed to be proud of the company and treated fairly. We always felt safe and taken care of and the office were easy to communicate with pre booking and quick to answer emails.

My advice... Go for it! (And take a hot water bottle for your sleeping bag!)

Hello

I would just like to take the opportunity to thank you for being such a valued guest Not only that but also for taking your time time to leave us a well detailed great review. I am so happy to see that you had enjoyed your experience with Kilisa tours Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff

many thanks for recommendation.

Reviewed 27 February 2020

Amazing experience with Kilisa tours

We were a group of 3 people from France, who made the 7-day ascent of the Lemosho route - descent Mweka Kilimanjaro Trek.
Climbing Kilimanjaro under the Kilisa circuits was fabulous because we really had a great experience and we got the best service. Naick, who is the owner of the company, contacted us all the time and the communication was easy as he made all the logistical arrangements and the price was absolutely reasonable in addition
This trip exceeded my expectations
Everything was well planned, from arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport, transfers to the hotel and back and of course the duration of the trek
The route that we chose is very picturesque each day presented different sites. And this route helped us acclimatize to the high altitude and increased our chances of success before trying to Uhuru Peak.
The food was delicious and varied every day, served with fruits and vegetables, including coffee and tea. I couldn't believe how creative the chef was at producing hot food on the mountain.
In general, we could not have asked for a better guide and a better team than those in Kilisa
The hike was great, it was a great success to stand at the top and we could not have done it without the support of this team
we were strong and fit and for that we finished the hike a day earlier. And even after the hike, Naick was kind enough to invite us home and had dinner with his family
It made for a truly remarkable experience.
We had a great trip to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro and even after.
I would highly recommend this company without any hesitation.

Hello Francis

We would like to thank you for your well detailed and positive feedback as it will surely help future guests to get an overall idea of our company

We are also thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations and we made this whole experience remarkable to you [we take pride for that]

while, we're so appreciative for your gratitude ..

Many thanks for recommendation