Review Highlights
100% a good decision

I was very nervous about travelling and climbing alone however with great communication, fast... read more

Reviewed 16 December 2020
871zarav
via mobile
Ahsantesana!

A wonderful 6 days hiking the Machame route. A solo traveller but very well looked after by my... read more

Reviewed 18 October 2020
stewye86
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Moshi
from US$ 117.45
from US$ 2,564.11
from US$ 81.62
from US$ 66.67
More Info
All reviews marangu route uhuru peak his team lead guide gear rental kilimanjaro trek lunch and dinner hot water wonderful days entire journey pre and post great communication service provided an unforgettable experience excellent company base camp every morning
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 April 2019 via mobile

These folks really did an amazing job making our honeymoon climb super smooth and problem free. Our lead guide George and his assistant Dula let us go at our own pace and made sure we had what we needed, even carrying jackets and odds and ends when our small pack was too full. The food our chef Musa cooked was spectacular. He was making stuff on the side of Kilimanjaro that I'd be hard pressed to make in my own kitchen back home. We had coffee, tea, Milo (chocolate drink) with a variety of condiments. Definitely opt for the private toilet tent, trust us it is worth it. George took us to a pharmacy and we got the altitude sickness medicine for like $3.50 a person. We did the 7 day Machame route, the only hard part was the rapid descent after summiting, but they were patient and encouraging the whole way through. They even got a special cake and sparkling grape juice for a special honeymoon edition summit certificate ceremony. Best guide company on the mountain.

Reviewed 8 March 2019

Great team, really professional. Safe tracking, good food. Organize company, easy contact, lovely staffs, super patients. Was wonderful time!

Reviewed 25 February 2019

had an amazing experience climbing Kilimanjaro. our Lead guide Erick was super helpful and always made sure we were fit and healthy and did everything possible to help us reach the goal of reaching the summit. The food quality was a lot better than i expected getting served more than enough each meal time. the whole trip was very well organised and would 100% recommend anyone thinking of climbing the mountain to choose Ascend Tanzania.

Reviewed 24 February 2019 via mobile

Just came back from a 6 day trek along the Marangu route together with my girlfriend. We had an amazing experience thanks to the crew of porters and cook led by our two amazing guides Amos and Daniel. They are very knowledgeable, professional and good fun to spend 6 days on a mountain with. They were able to answer all our questions about the mountain! On the summit day they were very supportive which enabled us to reach Uhuru peak and stand on the top of Africa. I can recommend these guys to anyone!

Reviewed 18 February 2019

This is unforgettable trip in my life! There are 6 of us. 18 porters, 1 cooks, 2 assistant guides and head guide were professional! Thanks them encouraged me when I wanted to give up. Without them, I could't reach to the summit.