“Breakfast”

Minnesota Spur Steak Ranch
Ranked #55 of 89 Restaurants in Mossel Bay
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery
Description: Spoil your family & eat out at Minnesota Spur. We are the best steakhouse & burger restaurant in Mossel Bay. Bring along your kids for some great tasting food & dessert from our famous Spur menu.
Reviewed 16 July 2016

We had breakfast at the Spur last week. The breakfast was up to standard, but not the greatest. It was typical Spur, which is a bit mass produced, the eggs being fried in a bit too much oil. The toast was slightly overdone as well.
Service was good, although the waiter spilled some coffee into the saucer. Apologised, but did not offer to rectify.

2  Thank PieterCroukamp
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Minnesota Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2016

Dear PieterCroukamp,

Thank you for the review of Minnesota Spur. We are extremely disappointed to hear about the quality of food you received. We would like an opportunity to contact you and address your concerns.Would you kindly email us your contact details with a copy of this review to customer-care@spur.co.za

Kind Regards,
Spur Steak Ranches

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

One of the better run spurs in the country. Never had a bad meal also never had a great outstanding meal. Yet love the specials and the warm friendly atmosphere.
Thanks.

1  Thank Ivan Z
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Minnesota Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2016

Dear Ivan Z,

Thank you for the generous review of Minnesota Spur. We are glad to hear that you love our specials and the warm atmosphere. We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 18 February 2016

All Spur steak ranches have the same menu, so it is other things that distinguishes them from each other. With the Minesota Spur there is always parking, it is seldom cramped, the waiters are friendly and the food is good.

1  Thank elizen2015
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Minnesota Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2016

Dear elizen2015,

Thank you for your rating of Minnesota Spur, we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

Nothing more or less than the average Spur. The service and quality of food have improved in the last year. The play area for kids is small, but the trampoline helps to keep the kids entertained. A plus is that there is ample parking close by.

1  Thank elizen2015
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Minnesota Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2016

Dear elizen2015 ,

Thank you for your review of Minnesota Spur, we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 26 May 2015

After much hesitation I decided to go to spur for supper, what a big mistake that was. I understand it was a Monday and with a special on it would be chaotic, that does not mean that the staff must also be in chaos. I had a male waiter that served me. First he took ages to take my order, after repeating it twice he still got my main meal WRONG. I'm sure they went to milk a cow for my milkshake halfway through my meal I was still waiting just to be told after asking about my shake " OOPS it is still standing on the counter" wow really couldn't you think of a better excuse. The food is typical
Spur food nothing spectacular. Another annoying factor after asking for my bill I still had to wait 20 min for it and still nothing, I decided to get up and go to the counter to pay only to find out that a meal for one has turned into a meal for four the waiter put my dinner together with another tables dinner. This turned into a different ball game as they needed to fix this and that took some time to get the right person to do this cost me another 20 min that is lost forever. Please Spur get your staff trained so that they can handle stressful and demanding days and not lose their heads and get confused, because you will end up with angry people and bad reviews. I however will never set foot in your establishment again. Thank you for the awful experience.

Spur_Steak_Ranches, Digital Customer Relations at Minnesota Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2015

Dear Lizzie 1606,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Minnesota Spur. We pride ourselves in excellent customer service and are terribly sorry this was not shown when you dined with us. Please could you send us your contact information to 086 000 7787 or customer-care@spur.co.za to give us an opportunity to rectify this. Hope to be hearing from you soon!