“Nothing more or less than the average Spur”

Minnesota Spur Steak Ranch
Ranked #63 of 92 Restaurants in Mossel Bay
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery
Description: Spoil your family & eat out at Minnesota Spur. We are the best steakhouse & burger restaurant in Mossel Bay. Bring along your kids for some great tasting food & dessert from our famous Spur menu.
Reviewed 14 January 2016

Nothing more or less than the average Spur. The service and quality of food have improved in the last year. The play area for kids is small, but the trampoline helps to keep the kids entertained. A plus is that there is ample parking close by.

1  Thank elizen2015
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Minnesota Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2016

Dear elizen2015 ,

Thank you for your review of Minnesota Spur, we appreciate your feedback.

Kind regards,
Spur Steak Ranches

Reviewed 26 May 2015

After much hesitation I decided to go to spur for supper, what a big mistake that was. I understand it was a Monday and with a special on it would be chaotic, that does not mean that the staff must also be in chaos. I had a male waiter that served me. First he took ages to take my order, after repeating it twice he still got my main meal WRONG. I'm sure they went to milk a cow for my milkshake halfway through my meal I was still waiting just to be told after asking about my shake " OOPS it is still standing on the counter" wow really couldn't you think of a better excuse. The food is typical
Spur food nothing spectacular. Another annoying factor after asking for my bill I still had to wait 20 min for it and still nothing, I decided to get up and go to the counter to pay only to find out that a meal for one has turned into a meal for four the waiter put my dinner together with another tables dinner. This turned into a different ball game as they needed to fix this and that took some time to get the right person to do this cost me another 20 min that is lost forever. Please Spur get your staff trained so that they can handle stressful and demanding days and not lose their heads and get confused, because you will end up with angry people and bad reviews. I however will never set foot in your establishment again. Thank you for the awful experience.

Spur_Steak_Ranches, Digital Customer Relations at Minnesota Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2015

Dear Lizzie 1606,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Minnesota Spur. We pride ourselves in excellent customer service and are terribly sorry this was not shown when you dined with us. Please could you send us your contact information to 086 000 7787 or customer-care@spur.co.za to give us an opportunity to rectify this. Hope to be hearing from you soon!

Kind regards,
Spur Steak Ranches

Reviewed 26 March 2015

They are probably not far off the mark, when saying that if you've been to one, you've been to them all, especially a chain group of eating establishments.
Then there is the reason for your visit that balances the scales between service and quality. Having received both, You are lucky and thankful. A good word is therefore definiely warranted.
Well doneM/Bay Mall and its rather special Spur. A great lunch and friendly service.

Spur_Steak_Ranches, Digital Customer Relations at Minnesota Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2015

Dear Pieter B, thank you for your amazing review about Minnesota Spur. We are delighted to read that your experience was an excellent one. Which meal did you have? We would love to hear from you again. Kind regards, Spur Steak Ranches

Reviewed 10 January 2015

All Spurs are exactly the same so this one is the same as the one that you were in before you came to Mossel Bay for your holiday. Nothing wrong with this particular one, in fact its quite OK.

Reviewed 24 September 2014

Restuarant with a very nice view, no dislikes..good value, part of the spur family as known by south africans..