US$ 420
La Palme Hotel(Ruhengeri)
Agoda.com
All reviewsgorilla trekbalconywifimusanzeafrica
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with a large group the night before we went on a gorilla trek. I found the hotel very comfortable--the beds, linens, and towels were far superior to other hotels in Kigali. My room overlooked the pool and beautiful landscaped courtyard, and was quiet at night. I felt safe there, and also felt safe walking several blocks away at night to have dinner.

We had a large buffet breakfast the following morning, and I was impressed with the quality of the food and coffee.

To the traveler who complained about slow service; please remember that this is Africa and things move at a slower pace. I would not expect the same level of efficiency here that you might expect in Europe or the US. Personally, I feel it's kind of nice to slow down. Just remember to ask for your bill early!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

We came home from Rwanda last week after two weekend there - the last week in Musanze in this hotel, where we were very happy.
We had a ground floor room with balcony, looking over the pool, and it was clean, comfortable and quiet.
The staff are all delightful - friendly and accommodating and ready to help. Service in the restaurant can be slow, but it really didn't matter.
We were sad to leave Rwanda, which is such a wonderful country, and sorry to leave our friends st this hotel.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank AriadneGN
Reviewed 10 November 2016

Clean rooms, safe environment, friendly staff. That's where it ends, here. There is a bar and a restaurant....both dead. Espresso at the bar takes 20 minutes, to get change another ten. TV and half the lights in my room did not work. Which is ok, since they don't switch on the generator during the frequent and lengthy power cuts for as long as there is daylight. Bottom line: if you need a bed in Musanze, this place is acceptable but still overpriced for what it offers. It could be so much more.....

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

We drove here from Hima in Uganda - it was around a 6 hr drive, but worth it. The views were amazing!

For food I ordered the chicken every time and the portion was large and nicely done.

I ran through town in the morning and it was beautifully clean and organised.

My room was at the front of the hotel and was slightly noisy, but may have been my own fault as I found in the morning I hadn't shut the balcony door completely.

A few of my colleagues complained that their showers at night weren't warm, but mine was ok.

Breakfast was quite basic, but good. I really enjoyed the way the fruits were done.

I'll certainly be back and next time I'll drive the 6 hrs with my family.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Annabel U, Public Relations Manager at Gorillas Volcanoes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2016

Dear Guest,
We thank you for choosing to stay at Gorillas Volcanoes Hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback which will go along way in helping other travelers choose a hotel in this area.
We shall be delighted to host you again with your family.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

The food was excellent, the service was great, and the ambiance was really nice. The best pili-pili I've had. They have a variety of cuisines including Italian and more traditional Rwandan. We all enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends