See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 November 2016

Clean rooms, safe environment, friendly staff. That's where it ends, here. There is a bar and a restaurant....both dead. Espresso at the bar takes 20 minutes, to get change another ten. TV and half the lights in my room did not work. Which is ok, since they don't switch on the generator during the frequent and lengthy power cuts for as long as there is daylight. Bottom line: if you need a bed in Musanze, this place is acceptable but still overpriced for what it offers. It could be so much more.....

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

We drove here from Hima in Uganda - it was around a 6 hr drive, but worth it. The views were amazing!

For food I ordered the chicken every time and the portion was large and nicely done.

I ran through town in the morning and it was beautifully clean and organised.

My room was at the front of the hotel and was slightly noisy, but may have been my own fault as I found in the morning I hadn't shut the balcony door completely.

A few of my colleagues complained that their showers at night weren't warm, but mine was ok.

Breakfast was quite basic, but good. I really enjoyed the way the fruits were done.

I'll certainly be back and next time I'll drive the 6 hrs with my family.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Annabel U, Public Relations Manager at Gorillas Volcanoes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2016

Dear Guest,
We thank you for choosing to stay at Gorillas Volcanoes Hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback which will go along way in helping other travelers choose a hotel in this area.
We shall be delighted to host you again with your family.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

The food was excellent, the service was great, and the ambiance was really nice. The best pili-pili I've had. They have a variety of cuisines including Italian and more traditional Rwandan. We all enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank nkm615
Reviewed 20 January 2016

Good outside patio...although the food prices are a bit high for Rwanda. Very good place for breakfast and for free wifi. Convenient location and friendly staff. Easy walk from town. Clean restrooms and good coffee too!

Stayed: July 2015
Annabel U, Public Relations Manager at Gorillas Volcanoes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2016

Greetings and thank you for the great review. Please keep returning and enjoy the great coffee

Reviewed 8 September 2015

Check in was very fast and the room was clean and nice.
Internet was no issues, password was provided for without issues.
Breakfast was ordered very early and was ready so we could leave ready for a very long day. Enjoyed my short stay here.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Annabel U, Public Relations Manager at Gorillas Volcanoes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2015

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to hosting you again.