“Superior, fun, knowledgeable, classy and simply outstanding!”
Review of Vumbi Jeep Safaris

Vumbi Jeep Safaris
Ranked #6 of 56 Tours in Ukunda
Kilifi, Kenya
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Superior, fun, knowledgeable, classy and simply outstanding!”
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Me and my parents went on a 3 night 4 day safari to Tsavo east/west and Amboseli and it was the best safari I have ever been on. I live in Kenya so I have been on a few and this one surpassed any by far. Firstly by the 4x4 Toyota land cruiser, extremely well maintained, fully fitted with a roof you can pop open, perfect for anyone interested in taking really good pictures! And it’s also great to rest you camera on if you’re a bit of a shaky Stevens!!! Then came the extensive knowledge of Ali himself not only was he pointing out all the big animals with ease, also the small, lesser know species too! Some I didn’t even know existed!

Very important to me also was the organization, at every stage of the booking Ali responded swiftly and clearly, and when we finally met up and was on our safari there was no hidden extras what so ever, everything was just as he explained it.
Ali himself was a pleasure to be around, making jokes a lot of the time and nice and quiet in the early mornings when we wasn’t that talkative!!! He knew all the secret hiding places of most animals, which a lot of other tours could not get to due to their not having a 4x4.

In a nut shell is was awesome and I would highly recommend Vumbi Jeep Safaris to anyone.

Visited June 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Aberdare, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“absolutely brilliant”
Reviewed 29 June 2011

whilst staying at the mnarani beach club in kilifi we booked a two day safari with VUMBI JEEP SAFARIS. This was a fantastic experience,ALI who owns the company is a very knowledgeable guide and also very good company.We never dreamed we would be drinking champagne at sunset in the middle of the tsavo game reserve.The price was right and the tented accomodation superb.We really cannot thank ali enough we also hope to return in the not to distant future.

Visited June 2011
Geneva, Switzerland
“Safari with a difference!”
Reviewed 6 February 2011

As I sat atop the jeep, sipping a chilled glass of bubbly and sharing a joke with my partner, and with our guide, Ali. I glanced back at the dozen or so minibuses, each with 6 heads poking out of the roof hole, and thanked the Lord that I had paid the extra few quid for our bespoke private tour!

The lions eventually strolled by, we looked on in awe, then rumbled on. During our two day safari we not only saw many animals but had the opportunity to ask many, many questions about the different creatures, their habits, their place in the ecosystem. Ali is a knowledgable and experienced guide, who speaks English like a native (along with several other European languages, I'm told).

To cut a long story short we had a great time. We saw more than we could have imagined, stayed in charming accommodation, ate well and had a top laugh. Highly recommended!

Visited December 2010
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“An unforgettable safari experience”
Reviewed 26 November 2010

We were staying at Mnarani Beachclub, Kilifi and Vumbi Jeep Safari's was recommended to us by staff in the resort. Ali is an experienced safari tourguide, but has only recently set up in business himself, so is building up his reputation (I guess that's why we're the first to write a review!) Vumbi offer a unique safari experience. No white mini-vans stuffed with 6 adults. He has a selection of Landcruiser Jeeps, and we had the honour of travelling in his vintage 1976 model with open sides and roof on a private tour for two.

We booked a two night three day trip to Tsavo East and Tsavo West. We were booked into the most beautiful Manyatta Camp at Voi for the first night. Possibly one of the most romantic places I have ever stayed. We had our own private swimming pool on the deck of our tent, giraffes nibbling on the vegetation just outside, and we woke in the morning to the most beautiful sunrise.

On the second day we moved to Tsavo West, stopping off at Mzima Springs to see Crocodile and Hippos on the way to the Rhino Valley lodge in the Ngulia Mountains.

Ali is very knowledgable, and has all the right equipment - including radios to listen in and find out where the action is. That's how we got to see the Leopard. Of course we saw plenty of Zebra, Giraffes and Elephants too, along with a list of animals and birds, too many to mention!

We can thoroughly recommend Vumbi Jeef Safaris, and hope that Ali makes a great success of his business

1 Thank SouthamptonRoma