A bumpy drive off the main road for 20-30 minutes leading to the Great Rift Valley Lodge.
A bit of a surprise to see the lodge towering on the hill with some of the rooms standing 3 storeys high. Not the aesthetically pleasing authentic lodge I'm used to. On appoach to the lodge that thought quickly passed as I saw the breathtaking view which quite literally took my breath away.
The welcome was attentive and simply genuinely welcoming.
The room door was open when I arrived giving the wow moment by seeing straight through the door and the view just grabbed my attention - and it continued to over the next 5 days. I left the curtains drawen back when I was in bed so each morning I could watch the sunrise and was just serene.
The room is the best room I have ever stayed in - and that is saying something as I have stayed in many hotels. It was just charming, comfortable and authentically African colonial. There is nothing flash about the room - it just felt so relaxing and cosy. The bed was just so comforable and loved having the nets around the bed. No tv in the room and that was ok. Bathroom was functional.
I stayed at the lodge for work and we ate in the buffet restuarant for all meals. Food was good and they served some nice wines.
The bar was the perfect location for sundowners and take in the views. We sat by the fire in the bar later each evening and the staff were very friendly.
The conference facilities were spacious and well furnished - each of the rooms were well catered with an outside area for teas, coffees, fruits and other foods - which was always a nice surprise. An added extra is the outside breakout areas to work in.
There's a nice pool to relax by as well.
The lodge was ideal for work - can't imagine staying more than 1-2 nights if I was on vacation as there's limited things to do if you don't play golf.
Recommend Great Rift Valley Lodge for business or a relaxing weekend away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Great Rift Valley Lodge & Golf Resort enjoys one of the most spectacular views in all of Africa. The lodge sits at about 7,000 feet, from which elevation it enjoys magnificent views to the west and east. The Vistas stretch from the sparkling waters of Lake Naivasha to jogged volcanic crater of Mount Longonot and, beyond, the sloping shoulders of the Aberdare Mountains - Kenya's most important watershed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jovago.com so you can book your Great Rift Valley Lodge & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Rift Valley Lodge And Golf Resort
- Great Rift Valley Lodge & Golf Hotel Naivasha