Lowest prices for your stay
$100
Free cancellation until 09/12/22
$88
Hotels.com
$88
Priceline$100
Travelocity$88
Orbitz.com$88
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 May 2022 via mobile

We took the family to this hotel, as we have before, to swim, have lunch and enjoy the afternoon. We asked to hire 5 swimming towels for the children. Ordered drinks, eventually ordered lunch when we managed to locate a waiter again, still no towels. Sent one of our children to ask yet again for the towels…Lunch took forever, the pizza was basically cheese on bread, barely seen tomato pizza sauce under the cheese if it was even there! Specifically ordered white ugali but they brought brown. Children’s chicken nuggets had a strange spicy coating under the Indian style batter - not chicken nuggets at all. We saw many nice plates of chips being taken to other tables who were clearly known but ours were broken, not good tasting or anything. Meal and another order of drinks later (drinks order also wrong), we decided to just give up and leave. Asked for the bill…waited…asked for the bill again, sat waiting and eventually they brought it. Expressed that we weren’t happy, they are ‘sorry’ but it’s fine being sorry after a category of errors. It spoilt our afternoon totally and what’s more we had spent a lot of money on 2 taxis to get to this particular hotel. After this experience, I don’t think it’s a place to return to. The staff don’t care, they are slow, can’t even bring the bill when asked.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Phelix Owiti, General Manager at Wigot Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2022

Dear Shelley,
Thank you for being a loyal and frequent customer to Wigot Gardens.

We sincerely regret and apologize for your recent experience. We are dealing with the problem immediately and assure you that we care, for without your support, we wouldn't be here today.

Reviewed 10 February 2021 via mobile

After leaving Nairobi at 5am to travel to Muhoroni by car I decided to stay the night in kisumu. I tried one hotel before this one and well!! I'll leave that one. I arrived after booking on booking.com and was greeted by the receptionist, I have her my name and she asked if I booked online which I said yes and she said "oh" having been in the Industry I knew what this meant it meant overbooked. She ran outside obviously to check a room and then returned. I booked a deluxe room and was taken to room 108. Most definitely not deluxe, small and no desk if you wanted to do some work. Internet is slow. I went to the restaurant at 7pm staff were polite and the food was good. It started to rain heavily and was cold so returned to my room for a nice hot shower! Forget that the shower was broken and no hot water and then I simply had to have a hot wash using the sink. Lay down to watch tv not that easy!! All in all a very very disappointing hotel , I've been here three times to Kisimu and I still have not found a decent hotel were there is genuine customer service and care, this hotel will not be on my list again

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank dazzjgillen
wigot gardens, General Manager at Wigot Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2021

Hallo Dazzjgillen,

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to give this feedback. We sincerely regret and apologize that we did not meet your expectation during your recent stay. Your feedback is evidence that you would like us to improve some areas to achieve our goal of consistently delivering value, luxury and comfort to our customers. We will contact you, shortly, through the email manager@wigotgardens.co.ke to have a deeper understanding of the concerns and amicably address the issue to avoid similar inconveniences to our customers in future.

Reviewed 3 January 2021

You have delivered what you have promised and advertised. Great and wonderful place to be away from the busy city and quite such a beautiful serenity topped up by your great team through their wonderful service. Really impressed.

The only need thing to change is the note on your website that you offer continental breakfast while in the real sense you are offering american breakfast. You might loose on clients who are looking for places to stay with adequate food more so breakfast by mentioning continental breakfast.

I would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking a place to hide from the city. lastly appreciation to your staff members Linda at the reception Margaret at the restaurant.

Room tip: The room with top of the hotel are awesome being woken up by whistling and singing of birds in the morning.
Date of stay: December 2020
wigot gardens, General Manager at Wigot Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2021

Hi Muwaweru!

Thank you for staying with us. We are happy to know we met your expectations and most sincerely appreciate the feedback. We will 'thumbs up' the team. Consider the website correction done. Karibu tena Kisumu and Wigot Gardens!

Reviewed 28 December 2020

Friendly Staff, excellent swimming pool, great food, modern and spacious rooms.
The views over looking Kisumu city and lake Victoria. I will definitely recommend more people to come and experience the comfort and serenity.

Date of stay: December 2020
wigot gardens, General Manager at Wigot Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2020

Dear Joel!
Thanks for choosing and recommending Wigot Gardens. It was an honor to host you. Kindly visit again when you are in Kisumu. We wish You all the best for the festive season and New Year.

Best regards,

Phelix Owiti
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 16 March 2020 via mobile

Wigot Hotel is situated about 6km from Kisumu town...up on Kajulu hills.

Was scheduled for a business meeting for 3 days but only spent 2 nights.

The best customer service so far with excellent standards.Lillian guides us well and assured our stay was good.

Very quite ,food is excellent,rooms are clean and have an amazing pool with a breathtaking view of Kisumu and its Lakeshore.

No alcoholic drinks due to the origin of the Hotel which seventh day Adventist.

Great place to relax and unwind and for those willing to take a break from the hustle and bustle of Nairobi.

Contacts on the website work and the are very hospitable.

Awesome Hotel.keep up the good work and well done to the staff I met.God bless you!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
wigot gardens, General Manager at Wigot Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2020

Dear EGatuguta,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for leaving a great review. We are very happy to know that our customer service met your expectation. We have discussed this at length with associates, and particularly commended Lilian, to continue with and exceed this standard. We are focused on continual improvement of our services, which you found excellent, to remain in tandem with the amazing location. Thank you, once again. We look forward to your next visit to this great city of Kisumu.

Best regards,