Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$282
eDreams$282
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 June 2019 via mobile

Review is based upon knowing about the renovation when booking and that the price was significantly reduced. Having just stayed at PanAfric in Nairobi where the renovations are a major inconvenience, the Imperial’s work is more considerately managed with little impact on my stay. Staff are helpful and engaging most notably Victor. Food is delicious although there could be more Kenyan dishes. The reception and top floor bar have considerable character, and are great places to relax. After looking at the post renovation images there is a danger that the hotel will become as bland as the sister hotel in Kisumu which would be unfortunate

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank stephen1602
Reviewed 29 April 2019

One of the best place to stay on the lake side , the staff from the reception to the Restaurant very friendly, The room was great and recently refurbished. Staff assisted us carry our bags to the room

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 April 2019

I’m currently staying here at the Imperial Hotel. I’ve never felt the need to write a bad review for a hotel before, but I suppose there is a first time for everything. At the time of writing, the hotel is undergoing massive renovation/construction. None of this was communicated prior to or at the time of booking, so I was surprised to learn of the construction/renovation upon check-in, but the lobby seemed quiet enough so I didn’t think it would be a problem.

As soon as you enter into the area where the rooms are located, you’ll see that entire corridors are torn apart and the entire center of the hotel is a massive construction site. Not only loud but unsafe (there is a portion of the walkway missing on the 4th floor where my room is. The construction is so loud (jackhammering) that it is impossible to sleep, work, or do anything during the hours of construction (8am-5pm). With renovations this extensive, the owner should close the hotel for however long necessary so as not to risk loosing customers. Anyone who puts profit ahead of customer satisfaction is a poor business person.

The food/lunch at the 5th floor restaurant was okay but pretty scant and not very flavorful. Not to mention the waitress put in a side order I didn’t ask for an billed me nonetheless for it. I would have moved out of here already if I were to be staying more than one night. I can’t wait to leave tomorrow.

I’m sure the place is nice enough when not under renovation, but I would not stay here anytime in the near future.

Room tip: All the rooms are impacted by the renovations right now.
Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed 23 April 2019

We stayed at the Imperial Hotel in Kusumu for two nights in January. It is a well located hotel and the staff were all lovely.
The air conditioner in the room we were given didn't work very well so we were moved to one of the refurbished rooms and had no problems with that.
The room was clean and adequate and the wifi worked in the room.
The hotel is in the process of doing a renovation which is needed and will be nice when it is finished. There was also a leak in the ceiling of the dining room which was closed the first night we were there.
The breakfast and dinner were nice and the staff were friendly and efficient.

Date of stay: January 2019
1  Thank SalientInt
Reviewed 27 March 2019

everything was perfect, i would recommend other people to visit and experience, I like the room,the signal of wifi and setup of the room. Being a senior staff in my institutions I would appreciate a complementary for a night.

Room tip: i liked it