Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$118
View deal
Expedia.com$120
Hotels.com$120
Priceline$121
Travelocity$120
Trip.com$130
Orbitz.com$120
All reviews rooms are spacious jazz bar lake victoria sleep quality enjoyed my stay view of the lake bruce fixtures improvement security services facility nairobi clients cbd
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 May 2022 via mobile

This hotel was excellent and the images are exactly how the place looks

Staff were super friendly, the room was super clean and quiet
And the Jazz bar is

Only bit for improvement is that the porters could be a bit more proactive in helping with luggage.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Elizabeth Odhiambo, Guest Services / Front Office at Sovereign Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2022

Hi Ronald
Thank you for having chosen Sovereign Hotel as your place of during your recent visit to Kisumu. It was our utmost pleasure to serve you and ensure your stay with us was most enjoyable and memorable. We have a porter that is stationed in reception to help guests with their luggage and we will definitely look into ensuring this service is provided with much more expertise and with a timely manner. Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 26 April 2022

Loved the warm reception right from the security guards at the entrance. Bruce was very kind and professional, he ushered me and made sure I was well settled.
The roms are heavenly, very homely, you can't go wrong!
Gordon the waiter, was very warm as well. All the staff in general, they would smile at you on the corridors, with a warm greeting.
I liked the pool setting, very private not like usual hotels where most pools are located at the hearts of restaurant.
Hope to be back someday.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Elizabeth Odhiambo, Guest Services / Front Office at Sovereign Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2022

The Sovereign family strives to ensure our guests have the most enjoyable and memorable experience during their stay. It was our utmost pleasure to host you and are delighted you enjoyed the services we have to offer. Thank you so much for the lovely reviews and 5* rating. We are very much looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 31 March 2022

Elizabeth was so helpful before our arrival at the hotel. This was our first time to Kisumu and Elizabeth assisted us with local information and booking a car to take us to a local scenic attraction. She is a wonderful Ambassador for the hotel.

We stayed in the Annex, which is very private and had a spacious living area and kitchen.

The sunsets over Lake Victoria were magical. Thank you to Elizabeth and the staff at the Sovereign Hotel.

Date of stay: March 2022

Hi Hellen
Thank you so much for the lovely reviews!! we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and the whole experience in Kisumu.
We hope to see you and Mr Williams again in the short future!

Reviewed 17 January 2022

We went for a weekend from Nairobi. We were just thrilled with everything in the hotel - starting with the check in staff's warm welcome, the spacious room (very clean, with all amenities and a lovely view), the pool, spa, the lounge together with sumptious breakfast. The staff are exceptional and took good care of us throughout our stay. The newly introduced sushi bar was amazing. We hope to visit them again soon.

Date of stay: January 2022
Elizabeth Odhiambo, Guest Services / Front Office at Sovereign Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2022

Hi Shivona
Its been 2 months since we had the pleasure of hosting you in Sovereign. We are really glad you had a wonderful time with us and many thanks for the lovely reviews from your last visit. Looking forward to hosting you again during your visit in Kisumu.

Reviewed 30 November 2021

Stayed at Sovereign for 3 nights. Checking in was pretty flawless. Stayed in room 204. Happy with the team that cleans the rooms, they do a pretty good job. However, the toilet in room 204 has a problem. Once you flush, the water will keep running until the next time you go to the loo again. Meanwhile, there are signs all over saying how we should try to save water.
Tried to get some work done by the pool on day 1 but there were some casual workers banging on the walls for hours fixing something, which was very destructive and annoying.
If you sit by the pool on any occasion or whatever day, prepare not to be served by anybody. All the staff seem to concentrate on the inside and nobody comes out to the pool to see if any of their clients sitting outside want anything. I actually had to go in and order whatever I needed all the time and made sure to wait for them to hand it over to me, whatever it was to and still waited for hours. And even then, it took ages.
Had breakfast on day 2 and my table didn’t have cutlery. Also day one of breakfast, it was very confusing on what’s where and how to navigate.
Tried the prawn tagliatelle on day 1 for lunch and it was pretty good.
Nobody checks how you’re doing and if you’re enjoying your stay.
Parking is very small and if you have a big car, it is a struggle to reverse out (however, the security team try to help you reverse so credit to them)
I sent different waiters & waitresses on numerous occasions for a drink and nobody acted on it so again, I had to go and get whatever I needed, on a self service basis.
Wanted to have a swim on day one but there were so many male workers hanging around staring which made it uncomfortable. Day 1 I noticed they didn’t have pool towels but day 2 they brought them.

All in all, we paid a premium for our stay and didn’t get the service we deserve.
I really hope the service can improve. Tomorrow is my last day and still, nobody has asked how my stay has been so far and I’m just about to go and get myself another drink. Meanwhile, my coffee cup from 9am this morning is still sitting on my table.

I would stay here only for the rooms. Definitely not coming back unless the service improves.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Elizabeth Odhiambo, Guest Services / Front Office at Sovereign Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2021

It is unfortunate we did not get you to experience the premium service we are acclaimed for.
we have increased the frequency of refresher trainings with our service team to ensure Sovereign sticks to the first class services we provide. Management is also looking into the all the issues aforementioned and will take action accordingly. We are glad you enjoyed the prawn tagliatelle and the comfort of our luxurious rooms. We hope to get the chance to host you again to provide us with another chance for you to have a memorable stay. Looking forward to your next visit.
Have a wonderful & merry Christmas!