See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 June 2017

Although I booked a 'Deluxe Room" i was VERY disappointed. The room was hot (sunny side) had no ac, nor mosquito gauze in the window. Okay, the bed was king size, but the shower and toilet where dwarf size.
It all started when I arrived in Kisumu and asked a tuktuk to bring me to Royal City Hotel. The driver asked me which of the three Royal City Hotels he had go for. The hotel did not give a clue when I made my reservation, so I took the one most nearby. Lucky me, it was the right one.
The entrance was via a parking garage (!) and when i got my room I tried the free internet. As they have many routers it was not clear which one i had to choose because, I had to try all with the password I got form the bellboy. Finally connected the first thing I did was searching for a better place to stay for the coming nights.
As, like many hotels, the Royal City says to leave your valuables at the reception, i was glad I kept it with me during breakfast because when I came back to my room the bed was made, but the door was wide open!
My advise: avoid this hotel. It is not safe and also worn out.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Rik G
Reviewed 7 January 2017

Royal City Milimani has the best environment suitable to cool you after breathing the hot Kisumu air.The rooms are good and I rilly liked their meals. The rates are also friendly, especially for those not intending to spend a lot.
I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are better
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank gertrude n
Reviewed 4 December 2016

good location and within the central business district of kisumu city, from the roof top you can have a clear view of the lake. lake Victoria. good rates with exclusive rooms
good rooms with dstv, hot breakfast and wifi.

ideal for conferences, conventions, meetings and holiday

i highly recommend

Room Tip: lake Victoria views
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2016

I booked for a deluxe room while leaving Nairobi and my booking was confirmed. On arrival by the last flight to Kisumu I couldn't get a taxi to the hotel and called the hotel which is about 20 minutes drive away from the airport, to come and pick me on my account. It took them just about 2 hours to organize for a dirty dilapidated cab whose doors had to literally be forced open, which never the less charged me dearly as he obviously knew it was later and I had no alternative. On arrival the receptionist declared that they were overbooked and could I take an inferior room? This I turned down and was told that they had rooms in their branch (Royal Garden). The receptionist promptly called back the dilapidated cab which at my cost (once more! ) took me to their other hotel. I could not wait to check out and run the following morning. If you are used to being treated well in hotels Royal city may not the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kagiaj
Reviewed 21 October 2015

I stayed for several days in March. It was good value. The staff were extremely good and helpful. The pool area is great for a relaxing beer or two,. Food was ok but not exceptional but a good breakfast was served. Still hard to find anything other than Nescafe instant coffee in any hotel in Kenya yet

Room Tip: Generally appeared a quiet hotel
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple