See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 December 2016

good location and within the central business district of kisumu city, from the roof top you can have a clear view of the lake. lake Victoria. good rates with exclusive rooms
good rooms with dstv, hot breakfast and wifi.

ideal for conferences, conventions, meetings and holiday

i highly recommend

Room Tip: lake Victoria views
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2016

I booked for a deluxe room while leaving Nairobi and my booking was confirmed. On arrival by the last flight to Kisumu I couldn't get a taxi to the hotel and called the hotel which is about 20 minutes drive away from the airport, to come and pick me on my account. It took them just about 2 hours to organize for a dirty dilapidated cab whose doors had to literally be forced open, which never the less charged me dearly as he obviously knew it was later and I had no alternative. On arrival the receptionist declared that they were overbooked and could I take an inferior room? This I turned down and was told that they had rooms in their branch (Royal Garden). The receptionist promptly called back the dilapidated cab which at my cost (once more! ) took me to their other hotel. I could not wait to check out and run the following morning. If you are used to being treated well in hotels Royal city may not the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kagiaj
Reviewed 21 October 2015

I stayed for several days in March. It was good value. The staff were extremely good and helpful. The pool area is great for a relaxing beer or two,. Food was ok but not exceptional but a good breakfast was served. Still hard to find anything other than Nescafe instant coffee in any hotel in Kenya yet

Room Tip: Generally appeared a quiet hotel
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2015 via mobile

I stayed with my fiancé at royal city hotel for one night during Easter holidays.

The hotel is located in town so quite accessible by car or taxi.

The rooms are quite modern, clean and spacious. As kisumu can get quite hot AC is available in the rooms and working though they were pouring water on the outside corridor and causing a mess.

The hotel service I can say is average. The staff don't go out of their way to make you feel at home but i guess they get the job done.

Parking can also be a challenge as its limited.

The breakfast was good but not much to write home about vis a vis variety.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2015

This is a nice hotel right in town and easily accessible.It has excellent facilities including a swimming pool(at Milimani....the town branch has no pool but has nice parking within).
The rooms are large and well cleaned. The food is good.

Room Tip: Very near the town
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family