See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 August 2019

The hotel is tucked away from the hustle and bustle of Kisumu City. The staff are excellent and helpful. The rooms are well lit and airy. Room size is average. Variety of food is available and angood breakfast come along with the room. Lots of space outside for events and functions.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
GrandRoyalSwiss, General Manager at Grand Royal Swiss Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2019

Greetings from The Grand Royal Swiss Hotel!

Nothing would please us more than to have you staying with us again. Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2019 via mobile

One of the best hotels, great service .I recommend it to all who would like to visit Kisumu for either getaway,family visit or business.the food is good . Staff and the service is great. We really enjoyed our stay for one week. Will always go back.

Date of stay: May 2019
3  Thank Steven W

Reviewed 8 July 2019

This property is gem located in a quite nice and green area along the RIAT area. The Hotel is modern with almost all amenities anyone would like to have about 7 km from town.

I am not quite sure there is any difference between the standard and . I had to move from my room due to it being located in the middle with only some vision of the corridors which I found claustrophobic. The rooms are also not as spacious as one would expect for the price but all amenities work quite well.

The food is good though quite expensive (especially bouquet- KES.3500 per person) so you may opt for a menu instead. There is a gym (complimentary for residents) a sauna and steam bath (at an extra cost) with massage services also offered at extra cost. There is a terrace dinning area with a spectacular view of the Nandi hills and is mostly quite. It is a great place for couples though may be a bit expensive.

Room tip: When booking standard rooms, ask for standard rooms with a view otherwise you may have your windows facing a walkway with no view at all.
Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Grand Royal Swiss Hotel!

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. It is always our earnest endeavor that every guest has an outstanding experience each time they stay with us. Your positive feedback boosts up our confidence and encourages us to deliver the best service and attention always. We strive every day to deliver the best experiences to our guests.

Reviewed 19 June 2019 via mobile

When I got to my room...I discovered it did not have an exterior window...in fact my window opened onto a hallway. Not one to make a fuss...I just decided to go with the flow. It was a huge room but rather weird configuration. That night my A/C died 3 times. They sent someone to troubleshoot but after the third time...at 3am I requested another room. The rather brusque front desk clerk tried to talk me out of changing rooms allowing as how the new room was much smaller. I am 1 person and good A/C is much more important to me! Begrudgingly she gave me the new room which I LOVED. Corner room with two exterior windows- yippee! The housekeeping staff was great, the food was okay...never managed to get French press coffee strong enough until the last day. The staff was all good except that one front desk clerk. I did take a quick dip in the pool...which was enjoyable. The grounds were nice and the conference facilities okay.

Date of stay: June 2019

Greetings from The Grand Royal Swiss Hotel!

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. We apologize for the inconvenience caused with the AC on your room due to technical glitch. It is always our earnest endeavor that every guest has an outstanding experience each time they stay with us. We had noted all the areas of concerns raised by your goodself and will work on the same to offer a better experiences to all our guest.

Reviewed 14 February 2019

My week's stay at Grand Royal Swiss Hotel in Kisumu - Jan 31-Feb 6 2019 was worthy. It made me enjoy the grounds filled with a variety of plants and flowers that are under absolute care.

Dust is fully taken care of and the rooms quite clean, ambient with adequate furniture and facilities are very comfortable, especially on the upper floors. The staff are courteous and attentive and effortlessly went out of the way to make my stay memorable.

The cuisine shares the Kenya and Indian inclination and culinary delights are plentiful. For the discerning dinner, and the person with special diet needs the staff readily address that right in time.

The conference facilities are well arranged, although some are too close in a common area and noise levels from different groups could disrupt slightly.

The management is already underway addressing aspects of improvement and efficiency in delivering seamless experience for guests.

Kisuke Ndiku

Email:precise@precise.or.ke
Cell: +254-723-814735
+254-731-814735
Skype: precise2012

Room tip: Locate yourself in the upper levels. Rooms on the esatern side are quieter. Quality of A/C units yields low noicse levels.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
GrandRoyalSwiss, General Manager at Grand Royal Swiss Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2019

Dear Kisuke Ndiku,

Greetings from Grand Royal Swiss Hotel!