Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$116
View deal
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
Priceline$128
ZenHotels.com$117
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 July 2019

This property is gem located in a quite nice and green area along the RIAT area. The Hotel is modern with almost all amenities anyone would like to have about 7 km from town.

I am not quite sure there is any difference between the standard and . I had to move from my room due to it being located in the middle with only some vision of the corridors which I found claustrophobic. The rooms are also not as spacious as one would expect for the price but all amenities work quite well.

The food is good though quite expensive (especially bouquet- KES.3500 per person) so you may opt for a menu instead. There is a gym (complimentary for residents) a sauna and steam bath (at an extra cost) with massage services also offered at extra cost. There is a terrace dinning area with a spectacular view of the Nandi hills and is mostly quite. It is a great place for couples though may be a bit expensive.

Room tip: When booking standard rooms, ask for standard rooms with a view otherwise you may have your windows facing a walkway with no view at all.
Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GrandRoyalSwiss, General Manager at Grand Royal Swiss Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2019

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Grand Royal Swiss Hotel!

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. It is always our earnest endeavor that every guest has an outstanding experience each time they stay with us. Your positive feedback boosts up our confidence and encourages us to deliver the best service and attention always. We strive every day to deliver the best experiences to our guests.

Nothing would please us more than to have you staying with us again. Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2019 via mobile

When I got to my room...I discovered it did not have an exterior window...in fact my window opened onto a hallway. Not one to make a fuss...I just decided to go with the flow. It was a huge room but rather weird configuration. That night my A/C died 3 times. They sent someone to troubleshoot but after the third time...at 3am I requested another room. The rather brusque front desk clerk tried to talk me out of changing rooms allowing as how the new room was much smaller. I am 1 person and good A/C is much more important to me! Begrudgingly she gave me the new room which I LOVED. Corner room with two exterior windows- yippee! The housekeeping staff was great, the food was okay...never managed to get French press coffee strong enough until the last day. The staff was all good except that one front desk clerk. I did take a quick dip in the pool...which was enjoyable. The grounds were nice and the conference facilities okay.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Grand Royal Swiss Hotel!

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. We apologize for the inconvenience caused with the AC on your room due to technical glitch. It is always our earnest endeavor that every guest has an outstanding experience each time they stay with us. We had noted all the areas of concerns raised by your goodself and will work on the same to offer a better experiences to all our guest.

Reviewed 14 February 2019

My week's stay at Grand Royal Swiss Hotel in Kisumu - Jan 31-Feb 6 2019 was worthy. It made me enjoy the grounds filled with a variety of plants and flowers that are under absolute care.

Dust is fully taken care of and the rooms quite clean, ambient with adequate furniture and facilities are very comfortable, especially on the upper floors. The staff are courteous and attentive and effortlessly went out of the way to make my stay memorable.

The cuisine shares the Kenya and Indian inclination and culinary delights are plentiful. For the discerning dinner, and the person with special diet needs the staff readily address that right in time.

The conference facilities are well arranged, although some are too close in a common area and noise levels from different groups could disrupt slightly.

The management is already underway addressing aspects of improvement and efficiency in delivering seamless experience for guests.

Kisuke Ndiku

Email:precise@precise.or.ke
Cell: +254-723-814735
+254-731-814735
Skype: precise2012

Room tip: Locate yourself in the upper levels. Rooms on the esatern side are quieter. Quality of A/C units yields low noicse levels.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
GrandRoyalSwiss, General Manager at Grand Royal Swiss Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2019

Dear Kisuke Ndiku,

Reviewed 4 December 2018

Located on the Kisumu - Kakamega highway the Grand Royal Swiss hotel is an iconic establishment that commands the great views of the Nandi escarpment, Kajulu and Riat Hills.

With well manicured lawns and reasonably mature gardens the hotel's grounds is a home to birds notably the resident pair of Hammerkops, the ever busy African Pied Wagtail, the swiftly gliding African Kite and much more. If you are a nature lover then you'll be very much at home at the Grand Roayal Swiss Hotel.

Apart from the natural attractions their level of service complemented by the warmly hospitable staff is a plus. Where else would you get all these at a pocket-friendly services?

Room tip: Consider staying in the rooms with views of the escarpment and the sunrise
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank oluoko
GrandRoyalSwiss, General Manager at Grand Royal Swiss Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2018

Dear Oluoko,

Reviewed 10 November 2018

I was inspired by the reviews here to book a night. Disappointment is an understatement. The room was fine but oddly designed with a small window opening to a corridor (what views?). Yes, modern facilities but some were already showing signs of wear and tear- malfunctioning shower; cup-board that could not quite slide. As for the much vaunted service- obviously it was for a preferred group with staff playing favourites. First and last, there are better places in Kisumu

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Walter A
GrandRoyalSwiss, General Manager at Grand Royal Swiss Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2018

Dear Mr.Walter,

Greetings from Grand Royal Swiss Hotel!

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on the your recent experience at Grand Royal Swiss Hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay. We always strive to provide the best service to our guests and on this occasion we did not exceed your basic expectation.

We well noted the areas you had mentioned which require improvements and will be working on the same with immediate effect. Please be kind enough to contact me directly on your next visit.

I look forward in hearing from you and looking forward to welcoming you at Grand Royal Swiss Hotel Kisumu in the near future soon.