“Good business hotel”

Golden Tulip Kumasi City
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Kumasi
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Finding a good hotel is not always easy and when one travels to rather remote areas, it becomes even more difficult.

I have found the Golden Tulip to be functional, clean and a great place to recover after extensive traveling every day.

The rooms are functional and neat and offer everything you could need, good shower, decent water pressure, television, refrigerator and a work station.

Golden Tulip's buffet offering is excellent and their breakfasts equally good.

You won't go wrong in choosing the Golden Tulip in Kumasi.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Golden Tulip Kumasi City

Reviewed 13 April 2012

I stay at this hotel fairly often when travelling with my husband for business. The hotel has everything you need for a business trip, and a basic but nice pool to lounge at and get tan. There are also tennis courts. The food is average, but on the weekend they have a great evening buffet outside with a selection of traditional Ghanaian foods and international foods, and a live band. The rooms are clean and basic. The superior rooms are a lot better than the standard rooms and I think it is definitely worth the extra. The staff at this hotel are very friendly and move at a slightly faster pace than other hotel staff I have experienced in Ghana. They always remember your name and go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. There is also a little casino at the hotel which can be fun if you like to gamble. I wouldn't stay in any other hotel in Kumasi and it is definitely in the top 5 hotels in Ghana.

Room Tip: Pay extra for Superior rooms
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I BECAME AS IF I WAS A KING . THEY CARE AND SERVE US WELL. THEY ALSO HAVE VERY CHEAP DRINKS AS COMPERED WITH OTHERS. it was a wonderful place the servers were very fast
can respond promptly. one must be there to experienced the good and friendly people of kumasi.

Room Tip: almost all the room was fantastic
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank joab890
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I loved this hotel because I was dead tired after travelling 2000km at a stretch in northern Ghana by road and finally found a nice place to take a good shower and a good bed to sleep. It was late afternoon when we reached at hotel. The tired looking reception clerk behind the desk gave two rooms and my colleague used her connection and we were immediately given two nice rooms in the executive floor. That was a good start. Then a smiling gentleman appeared and told us that there would be BBQ dinner with live band at the pool side. One boy took us to our rooms and quickly checked if everything was all right and quickly disappeared without even waiting for the tips. I took some photographs of the in and out of the hotel room. It seemed that the hotel was located in a very nice place. I liked the parking side more than the other sides, my photos are a proof.
The BBQ dinner was good with lots of other food. We sat next to the pool. It was a bit windy and table cloths were flying around for sometime. The waiters were a bit slow to pull them back in to places. It seems their minds were in some other places. When my colleague asked for something, they passed her as if they did not hear her. Later on they came. It was a bit funny.
The rooms were clean and nice. However, I did not find the bed very attractive or enticing, but it was not bad either. I could sleep nicely in the cool air conditioned room, despite the loud music coming from the live band since I was very exhausted.
The receptionist wanted me to give cables for internet but I did not take it as I used my iPad which got WiFi connection easily and I could surf my Facebook.
The special rate which we paid for the room was 152 USD which was not bad. I did not have much time to explore other facilities of the hotel. Wanted to have some rest which I had nicely.

Room Tip: Top floors are better than the lower level floors. You may have views of generators only.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Only stayed here for one night. It is clean and comfortable, very modern looking. The service is slow-I checked out the night before I left and it took over an hour. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are nice. They dont have wifi, you will need to get a cable at the front desk but they have limited ones available, if you are planning to be there long term bring your own. Overall, everything in the room worked-lights, hair dryer, iron. Couldnt really complain.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business