See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 October 2016

We stayed here for 2 nights, and we're the only guests staying here, but this didn't seem to affect the service and hospitality.
We had a lovely room, overlooking the vineyards with a view on the goat pen (kid being a menu speciality! ). Greeted with a welcome glass of wine, we tried several of the estate wines which, being the only guests they opened up specially for us. The Malbec and cellar aged cabernet were delicious. Dinner was excellent too (although we didn't have the kid due to it being a shared dish for 2)! Breakfast was put on for us specially and was a generous spread for us as the only guests.
Great place to unwind after a drive from Salta through the Quebrada before going for a day around the Cafayate vineyards.

Date of stay: September 2016
Reviewed 26 April 2016

Situated some 18km outside Cafayate - so car is essential. Fairly new hotel attached to a (quiet) winery. Our room (called Merlot) on the first floor had a view from the corridor (through glass) of the modern, clean stainless steel grape fermenting vessels, We were treated to a free wine tasting one one evening and on the next evening to a pre-dinner tour of the winery (which was processing a vat of Cabernet Sauvignon) and the new and immaculately clean barrel room where the red wines were quietly maturing in oak barrels accompanied by thousands of bottles of various red wines.

A limited menu of freshly cooked food with a wine list consisting of wines produced on the bodega.

Lovely views of surrounding mountains from the balcony of our room and great fun watching the herd of goats being led out by the shepherd in the morning.

Lovely clean family owned hotel with friendly and efficient service.

Very reasonably priced accommodation and meals - strongly recommended!

Date of stay: April 2016
Reviewed 15 February 2016

This small, ecological winery is located 18 km on the road from Cafayate to Salta. Follow the km indications, turn left on a gravel road and drive for about 3 km and you are in the countryside. There is NO sign from the main road. We had to ask a truck driver to find it.
Very quiet and nice, rustic family hotel, lovely little pool, table and chairs outside under shady trees. Spacious rooms, comfortable beds, fridge, tv, small balcony, very good bathroom. Intimate and cosy as there are not so many rooms. Nice lounge. A bit dated, but we were not bothered by it. Ok wifi in lobby and lounge, but not in our room, Cabernet Sauvignon. Interesting and informative guiding in the wine cellars and very good wine tasting. Affordable wines for sale. Delicious a la carte dinner and breakfast. Very pleased with the service and location. Surrounded by magnificent mountains. Would have been even more perfect if there were more options for walking in this stunning landscape.

Date of stay: January 2016
Reviewed 13 February 2016

We just returned from a 2 night stay in Cafayate at La Casa de la Bodega. If you can't relax here, you have a problem! The property was beautiful, like a country home. Our room was huge and very tastefully decorated in a rustic, modern motif. I believe there are properties near Cafayate that are more posh/refined/upscale (and expensive), but part of the charm for me when I travel is to find a more authentic experience.

We do not have much Spanish (which would be useful to have) but we did not have any problems. The staff were all very nice and accommodating with our language limitations. The hotel is approx 18km from the town and about 3km down a dirt road off of Rte. 68. It is very well signed. We thoroughly enjoyed being out of the town yet close. A car is necessary, though.

The meals were delicious (had both dinners there) and their wine was good. The pool was refreshing. The wifi did not reach our room, but we were on the far end. There was a super cozy lounge area upstairs near the rooms and also on the main level with big comfy sofas with lots of pillows. Wifi was available in both of these rooms. The room a/c worked great! Oh, the night sky was amazing... Never saw the sky quire so big.

If you want to completely chill out for a few days, I recommend a stay here. I would stay here again and forego the places that charge 3 times as much.

Date of stay: February 2016
Reviewed 7 January 2016

First of all, I want to say that the hotel location is absolutely stunning. The hotel itself is comfortable - it's clean, comfortable, with a nice pool. The restaurant food is decent as well. I am very disappointed with the service though...I felt like they tried but were never successful.

I booked this hotel because the website said that a wine tasting was included - that was what differentiated this hotel from the other wine hotels in the area. In fact, the hotel booklet in each room also says that a wine tasting is included (and a talk with a wine expert). The woman who greeted me upon arrival was unpleasant and confused by my question regarding when I could taste the wine. Later I asked her about it again and she said it was too late (frustrating considering that my earlier question was when was it too late). Instead, she gave me a lackluster tour of the winery (she gave me no information on the process or machinery and even incorrectly answered some of my questions). Then she gave me a tasting of their Torrontes wine and tried to charge me for it. I showed her their website (and the information pamphlet in each room), that noted it was included.

I had an early bus on my check out day and asked the woman at the front desk – a different woman – about a taxi for 5:30AM. Apparently this is really difficult in Cafayate, but after an hour she was able to secure a taxi. The next morning, my taxi did not show up. There was no one in the hotel and I had no idea how to get ahold of anyone. The taxi never showed up and I completely missed my bus - I felt very helpless. I wrote a note saying that I had not left and went back to bed. At 6:15AM I received a knock from a member of the hotel staff (45 minutes too late…) asking what had happened. No one spoke English, so I’m trying to explain that actually it is too late for you to call me another taxi as my bus has left. At 9:30AM I received another knock asking for the company information so the hotel staff member could call about changing my ticket. At 1PM I received another knock – apparently I’m not allowed to sleep – and the hotel staff member informed me that I could exchange my ticket for the evening bus.

The man at the reception offered a tour of the winery and I accepted – I figured it would be better than the previous one. It was – I got an actual tour of how they turn grapes into wine, but I never got my wine tasting (which was the entire reason I stayed at the hotel). Apparently the wine expert was not around at this time either.

That evening, I arrived at the bus station for my bus and was promptly told that I could not exchange my ticket and had to buy a new one.

So, to summarize: 1. They advertise a wine tasting and there was none, 2. They called me a taxi and then were not around to ensure my departure went smoothly- making me feel helpless and miss my bus, 3. They kept knocking on my door waking me up in an attempt to fix the situation, 4. They called the company and said I could exchange my ticket, but I actually couldn't and had to scramble to buy a new one.

They also were having issues with their credit card machine - frustrating when there is no ATM nearby and it's a luxury hotel.

Anyway. Overall disappointing experience - and one that cost me much more than expected given the various mix ups.

Date of stay: December 2015