“Most comfortable bed on earth” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Hope

Days Inn Hope
Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Days Inn Hope
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Hope
Groveton, Texas
“Most comfortable bed on earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2010

They have pillow-top mattresses amd they are heavenly. I thought it was a bit high-priced for being out in the middle of nowhere. The staff was very nice and friendly and we really enjoyed out short stay there. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank SpiceFolks
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2009

The front desk clerk in the evening is nice, the room has what Days Inn has told them they must have, i.e., a slightly upgraded bed but the place is a dump. You can tell there has been no investment in this hotel. Carpet tearing, wallpaper peeling, oddly and poorly painted green guest room doors. The second floor fire door was propped open all day, I finally closed it at 10 pm and told the am front desk clerk about it and she shrugged me off, said "it wasn't really a fire door." I then suggested that they should remove all the crash/panic bars from the door and put a key access on the door like all the other access doors but she just looked at me and shrugged. REALLY!

The other three hotels at the Exit 30 on I-30 were sold out. You can see why this one wasn't.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dmount

Travellers are raving about these Hope hotels

Colonial Heights, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2009

I stayed at the Days Inn for the 2009 Watermelon Festival. I chose this hotel since the Super 8 was sold out and I could use my points for a free night. The website states that check-in is at 1 pm and when I arrived around 2 pm, I was told that I couldn't check-in until 3 pm. Ironically, there was also a sign stating that check-in starts at 1 pm and check-out is at 11 am. Well, I was able to get a key but not use the room until 3 pm. The hotel is very old and although the bathroom was recently remodeled, you name the short cut and they have used it. The bathroom had a recently patched hole in the wall, the wallpaper in the room had stains on it, etc. The a/c worked well but I could not adjust it so I froze. The room had a refrigerator/microwave which was nice. The room didn't have a tv guide and I was surprised to find Showtime. No pool and only one washer/dryer that charges $1.50 each. This hotel seems to house extended stay guests as well. The breakfast is very minimal but has lots of options. The business center has a computer but not a printer. The second floor is not handicap accessible...no elevator. There is a Walgreens next door which you can walk to. I wouldn't spend more than $40 a night for this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bryant, AR
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2007

This hotel is HORRIBLE!!! I stayed at this hotel for the watermelon festival in August 2007. At first I was impressed with the room because it had a refrigerator and microwave. However, the good impression did not last long. The bathroom was in bad shape (hole in door, broken shower rod). The advertisements and room map said there was a pool, but there was not one anywhere on the property. We stayed in the room Friday night and left early Saturday morning to go to the festival/softball tournament. When we returned that evening our room had not been cleaned because somehow an extra “do not disturb sign” had been placed on our door. We decided it was not a big deal because we could just get some towels from the front desk, but when we asked we were told that the hotel was out of towels and could only provide us with little hand towels. We used those to shower and get ready to go back to the festival. After returning from our late night softball games we checked out because we were not able to shower again without towels. We ended up arriving home at 3:00 am Sunday morning.
On Monday I called the hotel manager (Babu Patel) to let him know about our disappointment. He told me he would check on it and call me back. On Thursday when I had not received a call from him, and could not reach him at the hotel I called the corporate office. They made a complaint and told me the would notify the hotel manager to see if he would fix the problem before they took over. The next week I received a letter from Mr. Patel apologizing for my inconvenience and asking me to please use the hotel again in the future (yeah right!!). I contacted Mr. Patel to ask him if that was all he was going to do about the problem and he said he did not write me a letter, his desk clerk did. He said I could handle the problem through her because she was the one on duty when the problem occurred. I asked him why he never returned my calls - his response was that he was too busy. I told him that it was not the desk clerks job to handle hotel complaints. I then called corporate back to report his behavior and the supervisor (Patty) I spoke with told me that she could not do anything until the following Tuesday because there is a seven day wait period for them to handle a claim. When I called the corporate office on Tuesday they said they would handle the case by offering me $35.00 toward my $156.00 bill. They said the only way to receive more money was with the manager’s approval. I will never stay at another DAYS INN HOTEL not only because of my experience at the Hope location, but also because of the ineffective service I received from the corporate complaint department.

• Stayed August 2007
2 Thank sheahaltom
central arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2006

Fifteen years ago I felt like I could count on Day's Inn chain to have clean rooms at a reasonable price. My recent experience at Day's Inn in Hope was very disappointing. We ended up there because the Holiday Inn, Best Western, and Super 8 were all booked up due to a girls softball tournament. We checked in, paid by credit card, went up to the room and were appalled. The first thing we noticed after turning on the lights was that the carpet is worn down to the backing. The second thing was that the sheet did not cover the mattress. It appeared to be a queen size sheet on a king bed. The third was that the comforter appeared dirty. The fourth and final thing was the bathroom. Both tub and commode were filthy. It appeared that there had been a sewage backup sometime in the past and no one had bothered to clean either. I have never seen a tub in a motel that was absolutely filthy but this one was. There appeared to be a layer of dark sewer sludge covering the bottom of it. Needless to say we gathered our belongings and went downstairs to demand a refund. This took about 20 minutes as the desk clerk on duty did not know how to cancel a credit card charge and called the manager who suggested she try to offer us a different room at a lower price. It might have been a good deal but we were so turned off by the appearance of the first room that we were unwilling to even look at it. She then had to call the manager back to have him go through the credit card bill cancelling procedure. I about half expect the charge to show up on my card anyway, but we shall see.

If you decide to try this motel my advice is to ask to see the room before you commit to renting it. This now holds the record for horrible motel experiences in my humble little handbook. The previous owner of that title is a non-chain hole in the wall near Greenwood, Louisiana that we checked into as a last resort on another trip when there was a convention or something soaking up all the rooms at the reputable places.

• Stayed May 2006
7 Thank scootertrash1247
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hope
1.1 km away
1.0 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hope
22.5 km away
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Prescott

Been to Days Inn Hope? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK