Ok, everyone probably knows from reading the other reviews that the place is fairly new. Typical Holiday Inn standards, nothing that special. It was disappointing that the interior of the hotel was designed to look urban (stainless steel, black furniture, sparse furnishings, etc) rather than evoking the natural surroundings of Heber Springs (mountains, lakes, forests, etc). It felt out of place.
Let's start with breakfast - typical breakfast: cereal, very little fruit (bananas), frozen biscuits and very thick gravy, bacon so thin you can read through it, scrambled eggs, etc. Just average. I've stayed at Days Inn's with a similar breakfast. Paying the extra price doesn't mean you get a better breakfast.
Location: Very close to the intersection of Two Main Roads. Pro: easy to find. Con:Lots and Lots of traffic noise. Big trucks gearing down and then speeding up though the traffic light. I'm usually a very sound sleeper, but it seemed like those trucks just kept coming and coming forever.
Rooms: Pro: Again, new and stylish. Con: Bed was WAYYY TOO SOFT. I never get a back-ache, but my back is still hurting two days later. Oh and the bed is at least 12" higher than normal. Very difficult to climb in and out of.
TV: Pro: Yes, there's a 37" tv in the room. Con: Absolutely the worst reception I've ever had at ANY hotel. The channel guide showed about 48 channels, but I could only get about 10 and of those only 5 had a decent picture. Very disappointing. Recommend they hotel pay for cable and forget about satellite.
Vending: Pro: lots of drinks to choose from Con: Only in the lobby, $4.00 for a soda and a candy bar! Woah! Have to pay the desk clerk who acted like I was interrupting him.
I'll be honest and say that I stayed here because it was the newest place in town, but I felt it was lacking in guest comfort, service and convenience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When staying at our new hotel in Heber Springs, enjoy a free, full hot breakfast before a day of fishing & boating on Little Red River & Greers Ferry Lake. Take the family for a day of hiking on Sugarloaf Mountain, and make your way to historic downtown Heber Springs to visit one of our many unique shops. Historic Spring Park hosts several local festivals and see the Trumpeter Swans. We are also a short drive from the Heber Springs Community Center, JFK Overlook Park, the Fish Hatchery, and the new Heber Springs Sports Complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Heber Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Heber Springs Hotel Heber Springs
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Heber Springs