All reviews lovely place stayed here waterfront camp owner
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

I ended up staying a week because I got so comfortable here! The old house is charming even if the wifi is a bit sketchy. It's very relaxed and homely with a good kitchen and bathroom. Hannes was incredibly accommodating and helped with advice on the town, onward travel and even gave me and some other guests a lift out to the ghost town and to diaz point which was going above and beyond. I loved my stay here.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Very nice stay! Prices are very good, arrived at 10:30pm and hadn't called ahead but was lucky enough the owner had arrived and could let me in. Rooms are nice and spacious, good kitchen and help to get around. Was able to get a free ride organised for me to Keetmanshoop so was well worth the stay. Only a few minutes walk from the town centre. Wifi a bit dodgy.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights with our 3 boys, ages 12, 9 and 9. The family room is large, bright, clean and has a large ensuite. The kitchen area is OK but is missing a few key items like a decent knife and a toaster. The location is perfect. This is a very basic place but the value is great, as we paid $580 Namibian per night.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2016

We needed a hostel spontaniously on that day and found some nice place here in this hostel. We got a separated room in the clean hostel. The hostel is close to the city center and to the harbour so you can explore everything by feed. Definitely a nice place to stay and not expensive. And the owner speeks German, even if he tries to avoid it. ;-)

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2016

After we struck a sandstorm in the desert, my family could not believe that anyone would willingly want to live in Luderitz, but after 2 x nights in this family friendly establishment we would very much like to return.
Clean and comfortable and reminds of youth hostel in Europe
Excellent value and central location. Safe and friendly.

Room Tip: Family room in front has gorgeous view, en suite.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family