Kristoff Hotel(Maracaibo)
Hotel Costa Real(Maracaibo)
Hotel Aeropuerto(Maracaibo)
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 January 2015 via mobile

Stayed there as a solo traveler passing through maracaibo in January 2015. Don't be confused by the Venezuelan 5 stars, this is nothing but. No hot water, got hassled by the staff while going for a dip in the (dirty) pool. But the worst part is when I had my friend up to my room (really, to finish up a bottle of whiskey I won at club Caribe) and they kept knocking on the door and fighting with me until eventually he just left. Who wants to be treated like that? I think Venatur needs retraining in who are the guests and that you should give them respect. Until then, they will get about one star from me.

• Stayed: January 2015
2  Thank Sean B
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night in November 2010.
The room I was given first was over the swimming pool so the noise of the pool units was deafening - also the inside window sills were ripped up.
On changing my room to the other side of the hotel it was lot quiter but the decor and fittings were somewhat shambolic ,with electrical sockets half way out of the wall, fittings chipped and tired.
The area near the pool looking out to Lake Maraciabo was the best point and there was plenty of space to doze around in the sun loungers whilst taking in the light breeze from the lake.
I did not eat at the restaurant but the breakfast was adequate.
Near the lobby there is a photographic history of the hotel which is interesting and shows that, in it's day, the hotel was probably 5 star; not now I'm afraid.....
I was there on business so I cannot vouch for the attractions in the area.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the swimming pool side of the hotel if you want some sleep
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Not a 5 star hotel but we stayed here on two brief trips to Maracaibo. This is a government hotel and really good value for your money. The view is excellent and we found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. The location was very convenient. I will definitely stay here again because of the great value and efficient service.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This hotel has an excellent location, accessible to the main commercial areas of Maracaibo and just next to a shopping mall. My first impression when entering the 4th floor was that this hotel had seen better days: outdated decor and torn carpets on the corridor. The room looked out of date, despite the run down room, the bed and bathroom looked clean, but finally the musty odors caused by mold led us to ask for another room. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful and we got a new and better room immediately. Some freebies included: free parking, free wi-fi in room and common areas, and free breakfast buffet. The pool area is fine, member of staff serving at pool are friendly and cordial, drinks and food in the pool area is inexpensive. Wrist bands are required for pool area, if you take it off you have to get a new one every time you go to the pool-area, the hotel don't give you these required wrist bands at check in, you have to go over to another desk to pick those up. We visited two restaurants in the facilities, they have reasonable prices and good food, but don’t expect sophisticated gourmet restaurants. The breakfast buffet includes variety to suit all tastes, even though Venezuelan style breakfast is prevalent, almost every day we had to wait to be seated because the breakfast restaurant was full, and sometimes the staff in this restaurant was rude. We didn’t go to the hotel bar, it has a schedule of shows, and this could be a good entertainment option. Fortunately we got a room at second floor and we used the stairs, the building has a number of elevators (3 or 4?) but at least one of them was out of service during our stay. The Hotel needs to be seriously updated, I knew that this hotel have been operating for 60 years and it have not been renovated for a while, according to Venetur this hotel will be under deep renovation in 2013-2014. Our stay was far from a 5-star stay, but this was the most affordable hotel among the descent hotels in Maracaibo.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower with view of lake
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I heard this one was one of the best Hotels in Maracaibo. After staying a week there I can say it's one of the worst Hotels I've stayed at. And for what it matters, no international standars are reached, they advertice a 5 stars hotel, I've been on one stars hotels in the middle of the African wildness that have a much better standar then this particular hotel. No english speaking personell, the food was terrible for the price, really expensive, out of the 7 days I stayed, 2 were problematic due to the water lack, no water to showers or toilets. And the personell wasn't as polite as other reviewers have posted, maybe they changed personell in the last period. There was hight music that eccoed throughout the hotel at late night. I guess for a short stay is one of the best options in this city, but not as good as they advertice to be. Good location tho, but still needs a mile to be worth my money.

Room Tip: No commets
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family