US$ 59
Priceline
US$ 125
US$ 69
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 81/night.

US$ 134
US$ 112
US$ 151
US$ 101
Savings alert! 50% below average rates

The price you found is 50% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 201/night.

US$ 297
US$ 281
Hotel Alex(Caracas)
US$ 54
US$ 27
US$ 290
US$ 151
  • Pool
All reviewschef raulla castellanathe executive loungegold memberlobby baroutstanding servicenice hotelnice breakfastbusiness triproom serviceshort stayrooms are comfortablethe check in processmarriott hotelsother countriesthe ground floorfree internet
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I'll start with the price, it is expensive however all hotels in Caracas seem expensive. It is probably around double the price that I would expect to pay in most other countries. I understand that cash payment reduces the price substantially.

Arrival was very late at night and therefore the reception was not busy. It took a very long time to check-in and the paper work was completed incorrectly by the desk staff therefore this caused problems through-out the week ( they didn't take credit card details which caused frequent room lock-outs despite us resolving the omission).

The room was fine; a good size and clean. The bathroom was also spacious and well equipped.

As a business traveler I always look for free drinking water in the room (pass), coffee making facilities (pass), an iron and ironing board (pass), free or cheap wireless internet (fail, extra charge for cabled internet).

On all but one morning, I took breakfast in the business lounge. Service was exceptional and the variety of food perfectly acceptable. On one morning, having lost my voice, I was treated to lemon tea with honey without having to ask for it. At the weekend I ate in the main restaurant for breakfast and the choice and quality of food were good. It is a risky business going for second helpings as, when I returned, the table had been cleared and a couple were seated at the table.

I ate dinner once in the restaurant and I found it expensive and the portions minimal. I was happy and surprised to see one Vegetarian option; shame they didn't have it available so I negotiated some vegetable kebabs.

Security staff are always visible and enforce that cellphones and laptops are not used and viewable near the building and even just inside of the door. The area does feel safe however I we did walk around from time-to-time.

I did not use the gym however my colleague said that it was well equipped.

The pool area is nice but often in the shade. In a busy week we managed only one visit and immediately it rained heavily!

Our departure was at 0300 am and we prearranged a taxi which did not arrive. We used the hotel taxi. The computer system was down therefore we are awaiting confirmation of the final billed amount.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Very well located in central Caracas. Eventhough its quite new, it allready needs some small refurnishings. Rooms are adequate sized wirg a good bathroom. On the downside is the pressure of the water which is not very strong. Breakfast is varied and with a good offer of fresh juices and fruits. Exellent gym. Overall a nice and safe hotel in a unsafe town.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I was in town on business and the hotel was worth every penny.
The restaurant staff did everything they could to make sure I was satisfied with my meal and service.
Great Gym, no excuses not to get some exercise. The place had new equipment , spacious area and very clean.
Safe part of town.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Spent a week here in April 2012, in a big suite. Trendy interior design, and in a very good state since the hotel is so new. Veeery clean, and I'm picky! Very nice bathroom and shower. Comfy beds and very quiet, since we were so high up. But if you're closer to the ground you might hear the traffic, since a street runs right in front of the hotel.

Two bad things about the room: the AC was HORRIBLE, they should really change the type of AC they use. Being connected to the water pipes somehow, it made all kinds of sounds - gurgling, hissing, etc - that was driving us crazy. Everytime we called about it, they were very nice and eager to try to fix it. So the great service really made up alot for the horrible AC! In the end it worked out pretty ok, and we didn't die of heat or anything. :)
2: No wifi in the rooms. Internet in room and wifi in lobby not free. Seems a bit behind but oh well.

GREAT breakfast buffét, with typical venezuelan food, amazing juices, fresh fruit, etc etc.

They have a cosy outside bar with a big wall of green plants, very nice environment. They should not have those sofas there, though, since it's a very humid country and they were already mouldy. Otherwise great.

Stay in this fairly new hotel if you can!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Stayed for a couple of nights on a business trip. First time. Rooms were clean, well kept. Nice big bed. Bathrooms also clean. Shower only. (no tub).
Staff was courteous, but I was approached by "security personnel" asking me questions about my stay. Very annoying and creepy. "Do you like your room?, etc" and then "GIVE me your name and room number!" (Told him to bug off).
If you want feedback, that's what feedback cards are for. Or tripadvisor.
Did not eat at the hotel, since there is an arepa place half a block down the street (24 hours, I believe). There's a steak place right next door if you want something fancier (La Estancia)
No wifi in the rooms, and wired is for an extra charge (did not use, they said $18/day).
The rooms are pricey if you don't pay in local currency and even then they're not cheap.
They will give a AAA discount, however.
Breakfast was not included in my plan, as it usually is in other Caracas hotels, such as the embassy suites.
I'd stay again, if necessary, but the lack of free internet would be a problem for a long stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business