See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This is a basic Posada. The people are friendly and helpful. The food was very good.The air conditioning was excellent. They do not speak English but they will find someone who does.We really enjoyed Los Roques and would go again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Duckconsultant
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Own by roquenos it is vary clean posada with very clean rooms and bathrooms. They renovated it in 2012. now they have split excellet air conditioners. the price is the best in Los Roque . perfect for couples an families: they have room with queen size beds and two other beds. you won't find better quality/price y Los Roques. it is around 40 dollar a night per person and you have the choice with or without meals. i have been in Los Roques more han 10 times and La Roquelusa is deffenitly my choice every time. Los Roques worth at least one week 10 days: it has more than 300 keys with white sand beaches and turquoise waters.
Nada mejor en Los Roques en relacion precio/servicios. Con cuartos y banos muy comodos y muy muy limpios. Posada sencilla pero el mejor precio de Los Roques. He ido mas de 15 veces a esta posada y La Roquelusa es definitivamente y sin duda mi opcion.

Room Tip: Because i have been at Los Roques soo many times you can contact me for more information about Los Roques at + 58-212-9159387. or my celular +58-414-9089191 It is a pleasure for my to talk about Los Roques and give info about it
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GabrielaSucreBrige
Reviewed 11 September 2006

We were 4 guys kitesurfing on Los Roques over Christmas and New Year 2003/2004 -- 2 weeks. We had the choice between either Roquelusa and $200-per-night-place. Since we wanted something budget we chose Roquelusa.

I got sooo freakin sick from the food there that I thought I was going to die... high fever, trowing up, diarrea (never been this sick before). we didn't have any antibiotics and since it was holidays I couldn't get anything (antibiotics) there either. After 5 days with high fever and no sleep my friends there finally met someone that had some extra antibiotics and gave it to me -- within two days I was back in the game.

The toilets was so bad... we had enough water to flush 4 times-a-day... so in the morning the toilet was full up to the edge. It was stinking in the whole room/hotel... the emploees finally cleaned up after a couple of days.

The place was NOT good!! The kitchen was not clean... the PLACE was not clean.

However, Los Roques is a paradise!! Go there if you can, but don't stay at Roquelusa.

• Stayed: August 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
5  Thank surfchris
Reviewed 15 January 2006

We stayed here for 3 days and it was not too bad. Our room had a/c and a new bathroom. it was about 50$ per person/ per day which is pretty cheap compared to nicer posadas. You need to be aware that you are going to stay in an old house with very basic rooms. It is this expensive because it is a national Park and they are not allowed to build anything new. Los Roques was amazing. It is really the most beautiful beech we have ever been. Everything, it is really expensive so be aware. Snorkeling was great and Cayo de Agua was spectacular. You shouldnt miss this key. it takes like an hour (30$) to get there but it is worthy. We can't way to go back with more money so we can stay in a nice posada. But for travelers with a small budget Posada roquelusa does the job.

• Stayed: January 2006
4  Thank Tour24260
Reviewed 28 January 2005

This Posada is very bad and very expensive for what it is. We stayed only one night instead of 7 and decided to leave Los Roques earlier than anticipated because we couldn't possibly stay another night.

In general, Los Roques is far too expensive for what it is. For example, we had to pay $140 per night for that Posada (one single room for 4 persons), and this is really a dump. Before that, we stayed at posada Tropicana which is much much better for almost the same price ($160 for 2 persons). Still, too expensive for what it is.

29  Thank Passport35883