See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 November 2016

The first thing I noticed as i entered the Hotel was the secure feeling, the welcoming staff by the door courteous every time, front desk staff always helpful and patient even though they don't speak English and we spoke very little Spanish.The breakfast ..always fantastic wide variety with plenty fresh fruit everyday , rooms were cleaned at least twice each day , with fresh towels being brought to the room daily. The general ambiance of the Hotel was safe, friendly and secure, .. The staff some how make you feel like it is your home you are returning to each day the pool area was my son's favourite spot.. we spent most evenings there splashing around until closing time 6pm(too early).the life guards,always vigilant and also very playful with the children. We spent a wonderful week and some on the island and this hotel made our stay wonderful. the Hotel is within walking distance of shopping area ,restaurants, and supermarket.I liked the view from my window, especially early mornings.

Room tip: South side rooms overlooking main road, parking area,has a great view.
Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

My partner and I visited the island to shop and relax. We were quite pleased with our visit. The hotel was very nice and the staff very helpful and friendly as were the people we met as we moved around the island. We are already planning our next visit.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathy L
Reviewed 23 February 2015

I start to review this place making an observation .
When we do not like a place or the working team ( staffs) we Always complain and ofcourse we post we write thing and bad things
But when we like we should write and post too
I wish to say , that I loved Margarita Venezuela and so the Hotel Puerta Del Sol Porlamar
is the best option in Isla de Margarita I could not have had a better choice
The working team ( staffs ) treated me , my wife and my children in a very high level , with respect and care ,
The 2 men who work at the front Door my children send them a big hug and a milliones of kisses

Room tip: I think going to the rooms in the back it may help
Date of stay: January 2015
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Five of us stayed at this hotel from 20th - 24th July 2014. It was a very clean hotel, food was very delicious- but needs to improve on their deserts. One night we came in late, the food was basically finished, but the chef whipped up some pasta and tomato sauce for us on request, it was really nice of him. Location to the shopping area is excellent, takes less than 15 minutes to arrive there. The rooms are excellent, cleaned every day, fresh, clean towels are given. The staff is very friendly and special thanks to Carlos, he speaks English fluently. The only down fall was that we could not make international calls, but that was an island wide issue. Overall it was a very great stay, beautiful island, wonderful and clean hotel. Will definitely stay there again.

Room tip: We stayed at room 615, great view to the city and the beach. It was very beautiful at night to look at.
Date of stay: July 2014
7  Thank Brenda K
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed there for my birthday in March 2014, the rooms were very comfortable it was cleaned everyday and a good supply of towels daily, the staff is friendly although they don't speak much English they were very helpful.The decor is very comforting and the locatation is great if you are there to do some shopping.The food was ok not the best and not a wide variety of choices available. May not be my first choices in Hotels in Margarita but don't mine staying there again.

Date of stay: March 2014