“Great restaurant and vibe”
Review of La Tapera

La Tapera
Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in El Chalten
Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

LA Tapera is exactly what you want in a town like El Chalten. It's got this cozy bustling atmosphere. The food and service was great. By far one of our best meals on our patagonian adventure.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The Lomo steak was so good that I had it twice! Portions are big. Not the cheapest meal but you’ll not regret spending your money on it.

Nice ambience, friendly staff. I can see why this place is so popular.

Queues get long during peak hour so go early !

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband ate here twice in our short stay because it definitely was the best food in town!! My husband had a steak the first time and it was grilled to perfection and had an incredible flavor from the sear. I had the salmon and it had a great sauce on it and was a meaty piece of fish. I like my fish medium rare, so they cooked it more than I would prefer, but I'm sure if you asked for it they would cook it to your liking. The 2nd time my husband had a stew that was amazing and flavorful. I think they must have an incredible chef who has created a very wonderful menu. The service was also outstanding and ambiance extremely cozy. They don't take credit cards or reservations. So expect to wait, unless you get there right when they open. Bring either euro's, usd, or peso's with you. The exchange was extremely fair when we used our american dollars.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great choice of plates, very friendly staff, swift service (key when tired from the day ;-)), good prices

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is clearly the hot restaurant in town as 4 people recommended it to us. They don't take reservations so be prepared to wait. Also -- they are cash only and there is only 1 ATM in town, so be prepared. Food was very good -- we had a steak dish and a pasta dish, with a nice wine selection. Impressive for this teeny town.