“Salad Rolls and Noodle Bowls”
Review of Viet House

Viet House
Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Steinbach
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

I could eat the salad rolls all day long. The peanut sauce is excellent.

I had the wonton soup last time and it wasn’t my favourite thing but the House noodle soup and chicken curry will be my choice next time.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

When someone thinks about Vietnamese food, the traditional Pho style soups usually come to mind. And in fact, the Viet House does not fall short by any means.
So where to start...!?
1)Their menu is only 1 page
In my opinion, that is a sign that the food I’ll get will have lots of love put into it. No need to try and please everyone. Rather, focus on a few dishes... and cook the sh*t outta them!
2)Quality of food.
Simply said, I think Gordon Ramsay himself would be impressed with the quality of food this place puts out. The mastermind and chef behind this operation (don’t know her name unfortunately) gets to the restaurant bright and early every morning to prep for the day AND stays at the restaurant after it closes to also prep for the following day. So although I may not know the chefs name, in fact I never met her, I feel as though her dishes are a reflection of her personality; her dishes make it feel like you are sitting at the kitchen table of her home and eating with the family.
3)customer service
First off, this is a family run restaurant, and when a customer walks through those restaurant doors, it’s like you are actually entering their home; warmly greeted with a tender ,sincere and genuine smile.
Judy (one of the daughters of the chef) has a natural god given talent to make each customer feel like they are the most important person. She carries on conversations with each person, and really gets to know the person. You can’t fake something like that. Judy is a gem and rocks that front of house.
Even if you go to eat at Viet House alone (which was the case for me for 5days due to business trip) Judy will usually make you feel like she was there with you the whole time (you’ll know what I mean after you eat here!!)

Viet House, thank you for the great week. Thank you for the great food. Thank you for the great company...and thank you for the memories.

Date of visit: July 2018
5  Thank Gennaro B
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Viet House serves authentic Vietnamese dishes that are very reasonably priced. When they first opened we went 5 weeks in a row because everything tasted so good. The restaurant is small but the food is large :) I would recommend this place to anyone. A gem in a small city like Steinbach.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Small menu with tasty dishes. I think it would be nicer if they offered some lunch combos. My stir fry with rice was very tasty but the portion size was too small for the price. Amspring roll or a small soup would have completed the meal.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

The restaurant itself is quite small but the portions are huge. My twin daughters and I went for dinner and they even made Frappès for my girls because it was their birthday. The server was very friendly and not afraid to explain the menu. The prices aren't bad either. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Date of visit: May 2018