See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Our first trip to the highlands and was surprised by the beauty of this area. We spent 2 nights with Mrs Mackenzie and could not asked for anything more. Breakfast was excellent. Would like to stay again if we ever return to Ullapool.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Craig B
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here on a wet windy evening and it was lovely! Cosy and well-equipped ensuite room, everything you needed and an absolutely superb breakfast. Perfectly situated a short walk from all the restaurants too. Will definitely be back!

Date of stay: November 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed here for six nights during the skiffieworldsand was very well looked after. The rooms are not large, as this is a traditional house, but everything is there, all very clean and tidy. It's a couple of minutes from the front too. Breakfasts were great and Mrs MacKenzie went out of her way to source some lovely smoked haddock for me.

Date of stay: July 2013
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I and my husband just came back from our holiday in Ullapool. We spent 6 nights so 5 days at Mrs. Mackenzie. She is a very nice and warm and agreeable person and also very careful. We enjoyed our days there. The breakfast was always excellent. You don’t need to ask for anything because you have everything and even if you ask, it is fine, you will get what you asked for. If some day will go there again, we will go for Mrs Mackenzie. So far from our experience, 3 B&Bs, she is the nicest and the Best. Highly recommended. Thank you for looking after us. S&V

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2010

My wife and I stayed two nights at the Carnoch Bed And Breakfast in Ullapool, Scotland.
Must say this is a place we will return to – if ever visiting Ullapool again, that is.

Our room was small but very cosy.
It was very clean and newly painted.
And the breakfast was absolutely delicious and ample (am a retired catering manager, so know about that).
And for the first time in a UK B&B we had real fabric napkins..!

Carnoch – which is run Mrs. Robbie Macenzie - is just a few minutes walk from the harbour, with regular ferry service to Stornoway on the isle of Lewis.
Hotels, pubs and a Tesco are within the same distance.

Staying here will not disappoint you…

Date of stay: June 2010