I should have written this just over a year ago, having stayed for a night early in May 2011. Kirroughtree House was like walking into a dream. Everything about the hotel, from the moment we were met at the door, was easily the best hotel stay I have experienced. The staff seemed determined that we would enjoy our stay. I could not recommend it enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A country house hotel, a former private manor dating back to the 1700's, sitting within 8 acres of its own gardens, a golf course adjacent. It is located near to the picturesque town of Newton Stewart built on the banks of the River Cree, and is within walking distance of the Galloway forest and hills. There is not only a variety of walks around the town and through the forest, but great cycling tracks as well. Slightly further away are a number of historical sights and the Machar Peninsular. On the Machar peninsular you will find the Booktown of Wigtown famous for its annual book festival, picturesque ports, a cave that was occupied by an early Christian Missionary to the Area, a bird sanctuary and the furthest south whisky distillery in Scotland. The Mull of Galloway, the most southerly point in Scotland, is not far away with its bird life and views to Ireland and the Isle of Man. If the magical village of Brigadoon was to appear this is where it would be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Kirroughtree House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kirroughtree House Hotel Newton Stewart, Scotland
- Kirroughtree Hotel Newton Stewart