“Best food in Gairloch”
Review of Myrtle Bank Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gairloch
Myrtle Bank Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Gairloch
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We have just returned from a short break to Gairloch although sadly we did not stay in this Hotel. Living abroad for 8 years we missed visiting this beautiful area. Many places have changed ownership and the Myrtle Bank has excelled.The recently decorated conservatory and dining areas were stunning and the food was outstanding! Just look out for the enormous portions!
Next time home we will stay here without a doubt! Congratulations to the new owners.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Fiona B

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I booked a 4 night stay at this hotel on the strength of the Trip Advisor reviews and had a wonderful time! I'm now delighted to be able to add my own rating of "Excellent". The owners and their staff are, without exception, very welcoming, attentive and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. My single room was more spacious than it appeared on the website photo and had evidently been recently re-decorated, in modern, neutral colours. It contained everything I could possibly need, including hairdryer and hospitality tray, but the best part was the sea view. How wonderful to be able to sit up in bed in the morning, with a cup of tea, and look out at the Isle of Skye! What bliss to fall asleep to the sound of the waves lapping on the shore! The en-suite bathroom was bright and clean, with that very rare find - an extractor fan that actually works and means you can step out of the shower to a clear mirror! The choice at breakfast is very extensive and the food is excellent. On a couple of nights I was the only overnight guest, but was still greeted by the full choice of cereals, fruit and juices on the buffet table, which was really appreciated. I ate dinner in the hotel each night and, again, there is a very extensive menu plus daily specials. The portion sizes are very generous and the food delicious. This is an excellent hotel, run by lovely people and I felt totally relaxed during my stay. I would thoroughly recommend it, and will certainly stay again next time I visit the area. Can I also recommend a visit to the Gairloch Heritage Museum, which is just along the road, run by the local history society and is a fascinating place to spend an hour or so. Excellent value too!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2012

My wife and I spent two fabulous weeks in Scotland and Northern England. The Herringtons hospitality while we were guest at Myrtle Bank.

Our room was great, especially since we had a lovely view of Loch Gairloch. The setting sun make a wonderful end to each day. We were so pleased with the customer focus of the staff. The chef has outstanding culinary skills - the fish pie and cottage pie were delicious.

Room Tip: Room 16 provides an excellent view of the Loch and is at the end of the hall and very quite.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed 3 nights at the Myrtle Bank Hotel (originally it was supposed to be 2, but after a couple of nights we decided to extend our stay) in June 2011. This place has a very special feel: people seems to be happy to be here, very relaxed. The staff was incredibly friendly, and so was the owner.
The room we had was spacious, very comfortable, quiet. The cuisine in the restaurant was tasty and oh high standard.
Highly recommended, and we wish we could go there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My first trip to Gairloch in the highlands of scotland was an absolute pleasure, but what made this trip especially enjoyable was staying at this family owned hotel "thank you Sean and family" the breakfast is fantastic, the evening meals are amazing especially the duck in orange sauce. They have two bars with an extensive range of whiskies which the enlightened staff will help you choose from. At the entrance of the hotel is a conservatory which provides a great place to relax have a coffee and enjoy the scenery outside. The rooms are a good size , clean, with a comfortable bed. I will definately stay at this hotel when next visiting this part of Scotland. I just wanted to add that there is free wifi in the hotel which was a godsend as the mobile data reception was poor with vodafone in this this area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank hitenvachhani
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gairloch
4.2 km away
14 km away
Aultbea Hotel
Aultbea Hotel
#1 of 2 in Aultbea

Been to Myrtle Bank Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK