All reviews sea view quiet lounge evening entertainment dining room a bit tired long journey haggis isle of skye great holiday the ground floor beautiful scenery inverewe gardens porridge wonderful location the staff were friendly and helpful stayed for one night enjoyable stay
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

A lovely hotel, clean, comfortable and friendly. Staff are very efficient, helpful and friendly The food was exceptional both nights. Well cooked and full of flavour. and the breakfasts were lovely. It is an excellent base to explore the surrounding countryside and local amenities. I would certainly recommend this hotel and we intend to return soon.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dpaberdeen
Tommy S, General Manager at Gairloch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear dpaderdeen,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on trip advisor.
Thank you for such a kind review, we are very happy that you found your stay so enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you all back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Spent a lovely last minute overnight in beautiful surroundings, comfortable room with stunning views over to the western isles. Friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating staff made for a pleasant stay.
Evening meal in the spacious lounge was faultless and reasonably price. Great choices available for breakfast beautifully prepared by very efficient staff.
Check-in/out was seamless and pleasant.
Definitely would stay again - Thank you.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear terryspey,

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Fantastic location/views
Lovely attentive staff
Excellent 3 course evening meal - venison casserole for me, haggis for my mother
Great breakfast selection
Our double rooms were clean, warm and comfortable thought decor and furniture a little tired.
WiFi available throughout
Comfortable lounge in reception area
Last minute booking - excellent value for money
Would definitely return

Trip type: Travelled with family
Tommy S, General Manager at Gairloch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

I am glad we meet your expectations.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Firstly the good - this hotel provides a service at great value, with beautiful views from the front windows and friendly staff. It is also in the middle of a comprehensive redecoration programme, which it probably needs, and although this will not end up with a sparkling contemporary looking hotel, it will improve the place.
Unfortunately, this redecoration has presented some serious issues, which the management should not have let occur. As the whole place is being decorated the decorator has removed every "Emergency Exit" guidance sign except the on final escape doors and the works on the main staircase present serious tripping hazards. Therefore if an emergency occurred in the dark, you would get to your bedroom door and see no direction guidance on the best ay to leave the building On top of this the "Fire Door" outside our room would not close without a hefty push, and then it was difficult to open. I realise that this event is unlikely, but I think most folk will have seen similar events in the news over the years - which ended in tragedy. This items seem to show flagrant disregard for patrons and staff safety and wellbeing by the management, as well as failing to meet statutory and regulatory requirements. So, hopefully these issues will be addressed very soon!

Room tip: One near a Fire Exit
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tommy S, General Manager at Gairloch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Since receiving your comments we have launched an investigation into the reasons why there would be missing Guidance Signs
but I can assure you all heath & Safety matters are top of our priority and this must of been a slight over sight but I can assure you all corridors and hallways are brightly lit and have directions to your nearest fire exit. Regarding the stairwell redecoration the stairwell was highly signed during the hours that it was not in use and on check in guests where advised on which alternative route to use either the lift or the right hand side stairwell as the left hand side stairwell was being redecorated.

I sincerely hope that despite these issues that you found some positives during your stay at the Gairloch Hotel .
Gairloch Hotel management and on behalf of the entire team at the Gairloch Hotel.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I phoned beforehand to ask if I could take my dog and if we would have a room with direct access for him to get outdoors. We were told, Yes. We were given a room at the back of the hotel on the second floor :-( . We were told in the advert that there would be a bottle of champagne in our room. Turned out to be a bottle of Perry that went flat within 5 minutes of opening. It was a dinner and b&b reservation. Breakfast was great but dinner was not quite up to standard. I had venison and it was so tough I couldn't even chew it so left it. Staff however were lovely. The hotel is undergoing extensive renovation so public areas were limited. However bedroom with no view was very comfortable, no complaints whatsoever. Will go back again once renovations are complete. Breakfast was very good, plenty of choice, only issue was no beans or mushrooms with full scottish.

Date of stay: February 2018

I can only Apologise for the miscommunication regarding your room allocation. if you raised it at the time I am sure one of my colleges would of rectified this for you.
The deal you purchased would of been included in your room a bottle of bubbly (not champagne).

Since receiving your comments we have launched an investigation into the reasons why there is such a difference in food standards and training programmes are now underway to create a consistent high standard of food.
I am glad you found some positives during your stay.

look forward to welcoming you all back in the not too distant future.