Richard the Third
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Blue Lion(East Witton)
  • Breakfast included
A66 Motel(Richmond)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe pubrichard iiigreat atmospheresteak pieboth nightswinter breakexcellent foodracing memorabiliasteak nightwarm welcomefull englishfour poster bedgenerous portionsrace horsesate heresoupshort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Lovely stay,would visit again next year,lovely walks, and the home cooked food is lovely;all the staff are really friendly,a lovely square and a few bars to visit,we found local residents very friendly:

Room Tip: Everything you need in the room
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Having visited the Middleham open day on Good Friday for several years now, its always heaving with visitors, thats a testamount to the excellent planning and stables open on the day. Having around a little while after opening time (09:30am), it was time for breakfast to start off the day, having decided to try RTT it was fairly bustling with local ride out riders, and visitors all enjoying the treats on offer. Having located a table and ordered the “Full English” I was informed as its cooked to order it maybe a few minutes, no problem as its better that way (personal preference) when the breakfast arrived although it seemed to have all the stated menu items it was not the best I have ever had, sausages slightly under done, black pudding was excellent, eggs okay, bacon was very fattie (again lean is my preference), having eaten the offerings, I enquired about our toasts that was missing in action. On arriving, no cutlery, or spreads to ordaine the toast. After asking again, the said items arrived with a polite apology and the mention of its “manic today”. Now I must conclude, it was, and there was lots of people both in and out of the doors, the staff rushing (safely at all times) to cater for the patrons, so this I believe was a very difficult time for them to keep tabs on all the comings and goings. Therefore.....would I visit again....yes indeed, would I order the breakfast again....certainly. My preferences are different from the next person, the pub is ornamated with lots of racing memorabilia and quaint sayings, all in all a beautiful small pub which oozes character, I can not comment personally on the hotel portion, but from a discussion I had with a couple who stays over night, they thought both the rooms and dinner were excellent and would give it a 5*, and would be staying again next open day.

Room Tip: All sound excellent
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed for two nights B&B mid week in February, on a deal that was offered on the Richard III Facebook page. This was our third visit and it won't be our last.

Comfy bedroom, great breakfasts and very dog friendly. We ate in the pub both nights, and as we were there on a Thursday we took advantage of curry night.

This is a smashing pub, real fires, real ales and the staff are great - Adam was friendly, helpful and welcoming.

Middleham is a lovely base to go walking, see the racehorses and enjoy the countryside, and the Richard III is the jewel in the crown. We look forward to returning later in the year for visit number four.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great place, great rooms, great food, great beer, Great stay! Good base for getting around the area and visiting the locality. Locals made us really welcome, with a warm atmosphere. Middleham Castle well worth a visit too.

Room Tip: All rooms being updated, can't go wrong in any of them.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Keren F
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Just got back from a Fantastic few days holiday break in Richard 111 hotel middleham. The staff are the best, the rooms fantastic, the meal's are delicious and very big portions! We loved every minute of our stay here. And I would like to say a very big thank you to Sharon the owner and a very special thank you to Nick for looking after us the entire time we where there. And who we can call a good friend..... Including, Adam, Miles, Ken & Chris (the chuckle brothers) I'll miss them all until our return in July

1  Thank Patrick F