“Comfortable Stay”

Boston Lodge
Boston Lodge
Ranked #3 of 16 Boston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Stayed at The Boston Lodge on a "night out" at work. I normally stay in Hotels, wherever my work takes me throughout England but decided to give this B&B a try and wasn't disappointed. Parking was ample even for a 3.5 ton Box Van. On arrival instructions had been left on how to gain entry. A form listing all the Room Numbers against the Guest Names awaited in the Reception/Breakfast Room area. The keys are left hanging on a rack and you complete details on the form as to what time you require Breakfast and what your preference is (in my case Bacon, Sausages, Egg and Toast). My room was spacious as was the ensuite and both were clean and tidy, with plentiful Towels. A good supply of Milk sachets, Tea and Coffee were present together with an Electric Kettle. As I'd had a tiring day, I was in bed by 9 o'clock and the fact I slept straight through until 6 o'clock in the morning would indicate the bed must have been comfortable!! On my arrival I'd opened the window and did notice some road noise from traffic travelling home from work, but it soon quietened down. I was in the Breakfast Room at 7 o'clock in the morning and had Cereal, Fruit Juice, Coffee followed by the Fried Breakfast. The staff were friendly and I would happily return to the Boston Lodge should I be in the area again

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Boston Lodge

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Our first impessions were that the place was looking a little tired & slightly shabby. The entrance is in need of a coat of paint & the bucket of dog ends is not very attractive. Inside the building mock tudor is the order of the day making it seem very dated. Having said that though the staff were friendly & helpful, the bed was extremely comfortable & the breakfast was lovely. We had room 2 upstairs, it was a good sized family room with a view out across the fens towards Boston.

Room Tip: Get room 2 upstairs
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Recommended as a comfortable, reasonably priced over night stay. Friendly staff and a good breakfast. The bathroom was large and clean but strangely had no shelf or storage for toiletries and the shower did not function well.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

We have just stayed here over the May bank holiday, we visited family in boston where we tried to get b & b.
Although it was ok don't know that it would be my first choice again, we had room 6 and as it was by the front door we couldn't have the window open for fresh air as to noisy from guest coming and going, also the room had the shower in it which meant you had no privacy whilst showering.
Breakfast was ok, and people friendly just felt a bit tiered all round. Shame as it was very busy.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2017

We stayed for one night, myself, husband and adult son. The family room was really big but more importantly spotless as was the bathroom. The breakfast was tasty and my son enjoyed his scrambled egg and he doesn't usually eat breakfast! Patrick was really friendly. We have already booked again for July. It really is excellent value. Thanks

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
5.1 km away
20.4 km away
Petwood Hotel
Petwood Hotel
#2 of 4 in Woodhall Spa

Been to Boston Lodge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK