All reviews wine tasting vineyard tour three choirs vineyard on arrival christmas present both nights english wines eggs benedict birthday treat evening meal main restaurant stunning views different wines cheese board travelzoo deal room was large black pudding
Reviewed 22 August 2012

My wife and I stayed at Three Choirs in one of their lodges which are situated amongst the vines. The lodge was excellent, really really impressed with the comfort, the quality of the fixing and the decor as well as the outdoor veranda area. The location is spot on as well, being amongst the vines we saw all sorts of wildlife passing by from the comfort of our veranda.

Took a lovely long walk around the whole vineyard which is in a beautiful spot. We also dined at the restaurant, had a fabulous meal there. Also brought several bottles of Three Choirs own wine home with us, loved it!

Our only slight negative was the winery tour we went on, didn't last very long and wasn't as informative as I'd hoped. Although the content was good, it centred mainly around the winery's machinery and indoor processes, I was hoping for a little more of an outdoors walk through the vines telling me about the grapes and growing conditions etc, (A bit like on the film - Sideways perhaps!), this was only a small gripe however. Overall we loved the place and will certainly go back for a longer stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Came here for a 2 night wine tasting stay on 10th August after adopting a vine for my husband at Christmas. Our room was spotless, comfortable and had a great view over the vineyard, the staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough for us and the food and wine fantastic. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I have just returned from taking my husband for a surprise overnight stay for his birthday. Everything was perfect from start to finish. Lunch was fantastic especially the personalised bottle of wine I had pre-ordered, the tour was very interseting and not too long, evening meal and wine were exuisite, the room was very spacious, spottlessly clean and the bed and bedding were heavenly, then after a good nights sleep the perfect breakfast. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the whole treat and there wasn't one thing to complain about, the staff were all very pleasant and knew how to make peoples stay a relaxing experience. A little gem for a special occasion.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My Husband and I came here the night after our Wedding for a 2 night wine tasting break in a lodge - our expectations were high and they were met and exceeded! We checked in around 4.30 on a Sunday and drove down the track to our beautiful lodge, the 1st of 3 surrounded by vines and stunning views. A lovely bottle of sparkling wine was waiting for us on arrival which was very nice to drink, and very reasonably priced in the shop. The lodge was beautifully decorated and exactly what we had hoped for; it was very peaceful and the sun was shing so we were able to enjoy the views of the surrounding hills from our veranda. Dinner each evening was simply stunning - our meals were delicous and the service was really pleasant and well-considered. Again at Breakfast we were really happy - cooked to order with a really nice selection and beautiful views from the tables. Our package included wine each evening with dinner and we had a good selection of bottles to select from. We really enjoyed the english wine and took a few bottles away for friends and family. We also went on a tour of the winery on Sunday Monday afternoon which was really interesting - took about 1hr which was just about right and there were plenty of opportunities to ask questions. We will defintely be returning - this place is perfect for a very special occassion and really romantic. I have only 3 suggestions: 1: Some quiet back-ground music in the restaurant would be pleasant. 2: There is a lovely roll-top bath in the bathroom, it would be even more perfect if bubble-bath or a bath salt was provided with the other items. 3: For the same reason, bath robes would have been excellent.
We had the perfect mini-moon here, highly recommended! Wine-tasting Package is really really good value!

Room Tip: Gloucester Lodge is the 1st of the three and has amazing views, extremely peaceful and very private from the further 2 lodges which share access.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2012

A last minute booking was made on a whim and it was the best experience we have had for a long time. On the spur of the moment we decide to have a night away for out 40th wedding Anniversary. Good decision! The Three Choirs has it all. A tour of the winery and vineyard conducted by Lauren was informative and pleasant with a few samples of the different products available to keep the cogs well oiled! Our ground floor room (no 8) was at the end of the row with its own terrace and views over the vineyard. The weather was very kind - cloudless skies - so we were able to sit out with the obligatory bottle of wine, watching the buzzards and kestrels, squirrels and rabbits as they went about their business. The room is spacious , as is the bathroom , and the bed super king and comfortable. The evening meal was delicious - all three course were faultless. I recommend the lime and basil sorbet! The staff were friendly and efficient and the surrounding countryside offers many good walks. I would highly recommend this experience.... The good weather was the icing on the cake!

Room Tip: All rooms 1-8 with views over the vineyards
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple