See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 May 2017

We stayed at this hotel last week , it is the worst ever. The whole place stank, was dirty, and the noise of people in the bar you were awake until 1 in morning also the language was awful. The window was so rotten would not shut, the room was not clean and pokey,the telly was smaller than my laptop overall stay away it is awful so glad to be home . If it had not been the hrs Malvern show would have moved but all others full . Plus post office sorting office opposite and they all arrive at 5 in morning in vans slamming doors and wheeling trolleys .

Room Tip: Please do not go there
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue W
Management response:Responded 17 May 2017

Apologies that you had this experience at The George Hotel however when speaking to you at no point was there any complaint about cleanliness of the room otherwise I would have made sure this had been addressed immediately.

On departure you did mention about the noise and the window. The window would not close due to the sash window being pushed the incorrect way around and was therefore wedged. With this being forced open this would obviously increase the noise from the public road which unfortunately our front facing bedrooms will notice some noise due to our town centre location.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

We stayed here with other family members for a family member's funeral. Didn't know what to expect after reading the reviews, however, we felt it was mediocre. The young Manager was very welcoming, and couldn't do enough to help. We felt that the other staff members could have been a bit more friendly.
The room itself was large, as was the bathroom, but the drawers contained a lot of dust and the toilet needed repairing as it was leaking. The fact that it had a bath was a real bonus to me as I have always preferred that over a shower and normally have to put up with one.
We didn't experience the food as we were on a very tight budget and preferred to pay less at the café across the road. However, other family members felt that it wasn't as good and was overpriced.
All in all, we have stayed in worse and also stayed in better, but it was bearable and we wouldn't rule out a return visit at all.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank goldensyrup40
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

I'd have rather eaten a ready meal. The food was cold, it looks lovely from the outside but awful when you get in there! Very disappointing. They ran out of food by 2.15pm wish they had ran out by 1.45pm which would have saved me from eating it! It was also very cold. The closed down pub up the road looked more apetising.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sam L
Management response:Responded 5 December 2016

Apologies that you had this experience.
Our food trade has been growing every week as we have been gaining a growing reputation for our food with our new(ish) chef Hristo, hence we actually sold out early. As we were also fully booked again this Sunday and received reviews on Facebook such as "Would just like to say my daughter and myself had a beautiful roast dinner at the George hotel today in fact it was the best roast dinner I've had in a long time 10/10"

Again I can only apologise that amongst the many happy customers that you received a less than satisfactory meal.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

Basic / old accomodation with plenty of character, we were on the second floor which was accessed via narrow stair case so probably not for immobile folk. The room was clean and tidy, had brew facility and biscuits, tv with freeview, large double bed (and additional single bed), clean linen and towels (toiletries). Private Bathroom was down the hall and had plenty of hot water and a power shower.
Quiet location even though there was a band playing in the pub downstairs.
Breakfast was great - juice cereals and choice of cooked to order breakfast, the staff were freindly and attentive.
Access to the car parking was via a narrow passage way which I did get my large Passat estate through, though it was a tight fit!
Didnt have dinner in hotel as we ate in the excellent Tandoori restaurant 5 mins up the road by foot.
All in all great value for accomodation for 2 people (under £50 all in per night for both of us). Would use again if in the area.

Room Tip: Room 6 had the seperate private bathroom
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Liane D
Reviewed 10 October 2016

Went to the Onion Fayre (very good). Called in for a drink. Very busy, due to Fayre,and waited ages for drinks. More staff needed on such a busy day. Don't think I would bisit again except at next years Onion Fayre!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends