“Unique and Authentic Stay in the Cotswolds”
A fabulous, converted former chapel, in the village of Northleach
Detached, impressive holiday home Open plan living space, with wooden floors and stone arched windows
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Detached, impressive holiday home
Open plan living space, with wooden floors and stone arched windows
Dining table seating up to 5
Dining with character!
Looking up from the ground floor, towards the mezzanine bedroom
Modern kitchen
Spiral staircase, leading up to the bedrooms
View across Northleach from one of the leaded windows
Main double bedroom, with impressive features
Beautiful, ornate stained glass window
Characterful oak roof beams
Modern family bathroom
Reverse image of the bathroom, showing the shower
The mezzanine bedroom, with a double bed and a +1 single chair-bed
Looking from the mezzanine room out onto the landing
The rear of The old Chapel
Beautiful, curved stonework
The side of the chapel, with elegant, leaded windows
The imposing front door
The Old Chapel
Just moments from rolling fields...
....and rural landscapes
Northleach village, filled with character and old world charm
The local butchers, for those nights dining in!
The impressive church in the village centre
Welcome to Northleach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
sun_n_fun...
Tampa, Florida
“Unique and Authentic Stay in the Cotswolds”
Reviewed 6 September 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

My husband and three kids and I loved the old chapel! It was within walking distance to everything in town. Yes, there are wood louse, but it only saw them downstairs. We are from Florida, USA and are used to way larger insects than those. No biggie. We rented our own car and made a day trip to London. We also visited Stratford-Upon-Avon, Chipping, Stow,and surrounding areas. The female bartender at the pub at Sherebourne Arms was lovely! The mechanical music museum was fantastic, and the circus was something not to miss. We want to return next summer for a month and see the cheese rolling event.

Everythin...
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Nice cottage, bedrooms and bedlinen etc.. However, some cleaning and other issues:
Very dirty upholstery on sofa and armchairs - too dirty to sit on. To make matters worse old sweets and crisps had not been cleared from under the cushions for some time;
only 4 dining chairs despite advertising 5;
leaking radiators; cobwebs; and unfortunately wood louse problem.
The Management company were contemptuous to our concerns.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Bedroom
Liked least: Dirty upholstery
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
4 Sep 2014
The following response was posted by the Owners' Property Manager:

"As you rightly say, the cottage had not been prepared to our usually high standard; the chair bed had not been made up, and there were a few small cobwebs, and a smudge on a mirror. One of my team prepared the house following the previous guests' departure, but did not realise there was a chair bed at the property as it was the first time she had completed the property on her own. There was over a week from that point, until your arrival on 11th, which is why there were cobwebs at the cottage. I would normally have inspected the house before any arrival, but due to the volume of work, I was not able to - that was my mistake.

Although I had already been out working for over ten hours, when you called, I immediately loaded my car again, and visited the property to rectify the situation which should not have occurred in the first place. I had asked you not to wipe/vacuum/tidy anything, so that I could precisely assess the condition of the property. When I arrived, just before 7pm, I checked everything, made up the chair bed, cleaned the smudge from the mirror, vacuumed the entire property and removed the cobwebs.

In addition, I left you a bottle of wine in the fridge, with a hand-written note of further apology.

It is disappointing to hear that, following my visit, you were still unhappy with the results and I note, with interest, that you took some photographs. If those photographs were taken post my visit, they I would ask that you send them through so that I may see exactly where I failed in my service.

We place great importance on providing a high level of quality service to all of our clients, and have worked tirelessly to achieve a well-respected position in the industry. Unfortunately, we appear to have fallen short of our high standards, but, and I am sure you will agree, we have been punctilious in the rectification of your complaint.

I look forward to hearing from you."
Ian M
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful Cotswold experience”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

We spent 6 wonderful nights at this chapel. The village is charming and unspoilt by tourism. This is a perfect base to explore The Cotswolds and make day trips to places a little further afield. The chapel had everything we needed and was comfortable. I would happily stay here again and recommend to friends. Thank you for a great stay.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
ScottandP...
Melbourne, Florida
“Wonderful holiday home!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

We were delighted with our week's stay at The Old Chapel in early May! It's a beautiful property: bright and airy, nicely furnished, with a great kitchen and laundry room, and lots of architectural interest. The photos on the website show exactly what to expect. A small paved terrace out back has table and chairs and a charcoal grill - lovely for warm weather. The appliances are new, and the kitchen was nicely furnished for cooking. The owners provide a full set of appliance manuals - thank you - and property manager Dawn was quick to return phone calls when we had questions. We enjoyed the space, comfortable beds, and a great shower. The building was quiet - good insulation from outside noise. Do note that both bedrooms are upstairs, and the spiral stairs are steep, but we were able to lug our 30-inch duffel bags up without problems (other than physical effort - we're 63 and 64 years old). Just take the stairs slowly and supervise any children. The internet connection was reliable, fast, and covered the entire house.

Northleach is on several bus routes with good service, so it's easy to make day trips to Oxford, Cirencester, Cheltenham, and Gloucester (all within an hour by bus), Stow-on-Wold, Bourton-on-the-Water, and Bibury (within a half hour). The buses stop almost outside the door of the Old Chapel, and also at the Market Place (town center), about a 5 minute walk. Be sure to visit the parish church, one of the best preserved wool churches. Another "must-see" is the Chedworth Roman Villa - only 4 miles away, but you'll need a car to get there.

The local store has the basics for food, lots of fresh vegetables, and a nice selection of prepared dinners if you want to eat in without the fuss of cooking from scratch. The pharmacy has a larger selection of items such as hand cream, shampoo, and other toiletries. There is no ATM (cash machine) in town, but you can get money at the post office if your credit/debit card has a chip. Our U.S. card only had a mag stripe, so we used ATMs at banks in towns on our day trips. Our card worked fine at the local shops and pub.

We'd love to return for another stay!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Having room to spread out, with good storage (drawers, wardrobe) and furnishings; the washer and dryer
Liked least: The steepness of the spiral staircase
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$ 90
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing