“Great customer service”
Review of The Fighting Cocks

The Fighting Cocks
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fighting Cocks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 22
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Whilst our experience of the Sunday roast wasn’t the best, we had quite fatty chewy meat which we were told was unusual, and I can see from other reviews it’s not the norm but I would comment the staff were superb and noticed we hadn’t eaten the meat and offered a complimentary drink. All the other food was really good. The service was really great and I could tell they care. The landlords daughter came and introduced herself and apologised which was a nice touch. Meat can be hit a miss so I wouldn’t say I had a poor experience just unlucky on this occasion. I would go back and would like to thank and praise the team for their customer service and caring attitude which I why I give a 4 star rating.

Date of visit: March 2018
paulbeaufils, Owner at The Fighting Cocks, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Hangs head....i'm so sorry that your meat wasn't to your liking. On sundays we serve between 70- 100 roast dinners but one bad one can ruin it for everyone, so please acceppt my sincere appology, I am happy to hear about the service you received from my staff and my daughter Marie.
We really do care, so come back and see us please!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Lived in the area for 11 years and passed this pub a million times but never went in, it changed hands a couple of years ago and all the better. The outside looks more inviting and when we booked a table over the weekend we were very surprised on how nice it was inside. The foods really good too and a lot of time has been taken on the presentation and offers a really balanced menu. Also with 85% of the menu which can be offered in the gluten free option. Very clean throughout and great draft ales (Fighting Cocks bitter) is recommended. We will be back without a doubt.

Date of visit: April 2018

Great review Paul thanks!
Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We popped in for a breakfast one Sunday and it was lovely.Everything was very fresh and tasty.Great service too

Date of visit: March 2018

Brilliant thanks Tom...5 star next time please! :-)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Just back from a meal at the Fighting Cocks with my partner son daughter-in-law and grandson had just been Audley End miniature railway for an Easter egg Trail found the Fighting Cocks on the internet and what a great find staff were excellent polite and very helpful with food choice especially on the gluten-free front as we told the owners are gluten-free as well so the menu caters very well not just for gluten-free people but everybody in general excellent selection of choices and at very reasonable prices can highly recommend the Thai fish cakes and the cravats for starters amain course also had a very good choice with excellent gluten-free fish and chips and the beef and ale suet pudding was also excellent and then for the best bit of all the desserts honeycomb cheesecake was to die for and chocolate brownie was also just as delicious with such a great find will definitely be back course also had a very good choice with excellent gluten-free fish and chips and the

Date of visit: April 2018

What a great review, thank you for taking the time to write it.
We hope to see you again when you are next in the area!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I come here on a semi regular basis with my family, my mum is a weekly regular here as shes gluten intolerant and she's informed me that the whole family ( all lovely especially the manager) are all gluten intolerant therefore can completely relate to the problem of finding restaurants which 1- take gluten allergies seriously 2- accommodate to people with a gluten allergy! 3- go beyond the boring average "gluten free" options that pop up in most places e.g. brownies etc

The food here is always lovely especially the chips! always great service and the waitresses and waiters are lovely. All the traditional pub foods youd come to expect from anywhere else with the added benefit of gluten free (not that you would ever notice!)

Added bonus that its a dog friendly pub too, great to bring your pup along!

Also lovely and clean! :)

My only complaint is that they use plastic straws and not paper - a very small thing indeed but as a bit of an eco warrior something I picked up on! apart from that i couldn't ask for anything more honestly! would love to come here on a sunday and try out the roast :)

Date of visit: March 2018

Do you know what? We agree with everything you have said....the straws have now been changed to paper straws from a sustainable source!
For those reading over 90% of our menu is Gluten Free (you can't tell the difference when you are eating it though)
We hope to see you all again soon and do please let everyone know, we are hot on allergies so if you want great food at a great price without the worry we are the place to visit!
KInd Reagards