All reviews theme park free entry shower block games room evening entertainment soft play great campsite hard standing noisy neighbours summer holidays noisy at night ice packs camping trip pizza takeaway young family level pitch pirate ship
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for our first family camping trip. I would thoroughly recommend it. My girls (4&2) were kept well entertained with free entry to the park. Pitchers were in excellent condition considering the summer we have had. I also felt you weren’t being kept to a particular pitch and could take a reasonable amount of space. Freezer space for ice blocks was more than adequate and the shower facilities were excellent and kept clean. The family rooms were also a god send.

I would definately go again!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Great for family holidays. So much for children to do. Facilities clean. Staff friendly. Good for group bookings. Great views at the top of the campsite. Local Dartmouth hotel does good food at good price. Welcoming to children. We will definitely be going back.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

This was our 3rd visit to Woodlands. By luck we came across this site via the Internet. Thought we’d give it a go and we weren’t disappointed. Got everything you need to make your trip a great one. The pitches leave you plenty of room between each other. There are plenty of toilets, showers and facilities. Cleaned often. The site itself is amazing and free to use if camping. From all the rides to the zoo area. Brilliant. Plenty of places to eat. If it rains there are loads of indoor areas for kids to play. All round Excellent

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

This camp site is definitely not a 5* .... I’d give it a 3* and thats because of the free access to the park attached. We paid £65 per night for what we expected to be a serviced Motorhome pitch. We were put on the camping field at the far end of the site, it’s was very very sloping and totally unsuitable for a Motorhome and most uncomfortable .
The field was packed with tents and most of the residents were rowdy and common ! Lots of loud music late into the night and big groups of people and gangs of children . Also quite a number of vans and commercial type vehicles on site.
There is a 5mph limit as is usual with sites - there were a few children walking up the road and a car came down at 15 - 20 mph and he had to break hard for the child , when my husband said slow down he’s was told to F*** Off in-front of the children !! Nice Residents !
My daughter was picked on by a boy on the park he repeatedly threw bark chippings in her face and hair - he then kicked her and finally twisted her arm behind her back so badly she had to take pain killers for two days. She was mortified.
The site has a lot of unsavoury people staying on it - it’s Not a 5 star site.
I will Not be staying here again ever !
If you are used to mixing with these kind of people then you will probably like it here but I wish you Good Luck ! We were Glad to leave and would not stay there again ☹️

3  Thank queerbear
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Just got back from 4 night camping trip with some other Mums (and a bunch of kids ,left the husbands at home)
We had an absolutely brilliant time, I’ve been numerous times and it’s always the same, great facilities, extremely clean and well maintained, staff in the park and on the campsite are friendly and helpful.
There is a general store if you run out of the essentials, a pizza takeaway if you fancy a night off from cooking and a pub down the road where kids eat free.
I can’t recommend this place enough, it’s impossible not to have a good time.

Trip type: Travelled with friends