“The B&B to visit. ”

Spring Gardens
Spring Gardens
Ranked #16 of 26 Wadebridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

I am a photographer and this place was beautiful, Wadebridge itself is an cute old village type of place, with little shops. The B&B is a small walk from the town itself, it's an old building and still shows it character. The food was moreish and aloud us to have a good start to each day. The hostess was very welcoming and made sure that we were comfortable having arrived on a motorbike in the rain. We were greeted with hot chocolate, while grabbing a hot shower. I would definitely revisit this little place again, had such character. Thanks so much Jenny!!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 June 2016

My wife and I were truly looking forward to our time in Wadebridge; however, our stay at the Spring Gardens B&B got off to a rocky start when we checked in and could not get wifi in our room. The hostess said there was no problem with the system, but neither my computer, nor my wife's, nor either of our phones (one IPhone and one Galaxy) could detect the signal, but she insisted it was our equipment. She gave us an alternate system, but the signal was weak and my wife had to stand next to the door of the room to pick it up. The next day as I showered in the room the hot water stopped working and despite my efforts to reset it, turn it off, and turn it on again several times, I had to finish my shower and rinse my hair in freezing cold water. When I told the hostess, she said I was wrong and there was nothing wrong with the system. She me asked me if I'd tried the other shower - as if I was going to wrap myself in a towel and trot across the hall to the other bathroom - however, I told her other guests were also using that bathroom, and again, she said that's not true even though someone else did indeed go in and lock the door for some time. She told me I was wrong and no one else used that bathroom as it was designated for us, at which point I informed her that I know what I saw, and the door was indeed locked from the inside by another guest. So after two nights in uncomfortable beds - not level - and mediocre breakfasts, we decided to cut our stay short by a night and return to our flat in London. At least she didn't try to argue me into paying for the third night of our booking. The main issue is that she did nothing to try to amend the situation, but made us feel as if we were bothering her with our complaints and making things up. We may have stayed the third night if we'd actually felt as if she wanted to correct the situation, but even when we asked if we could lock and stow our bicycles, safely in the back yard, she said they needed to be removed early the next day as she had a barbecue. We definitely did not feel welcome, and if she had other scheduled events taking precedence, she should not have opened her rooms for bookings at that time.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2016

Beautiful listed merchants house . Combines the charm of many original features including beautiful hallway and staircase which gives a homely feel as soon as you walk in with a Friendly welcome by Jenny and Steve who went out of their way to make sure everything about our stay was perfect . The rooms are large and comfortable and everything you could possibly need for a nights stay including great en suite ( we stayed in green room ) . A great Cornish breakfast send off the next morning , plenty of choice and locally sourced food including eggs from their own chickens . Great location , walking distance from pub and centre of town. Had a great evening at local wine bar "mad hatters " . I would thoroughly recommend this b&b and can't wait to return later in the year

Stayed: April 2016
Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

I stayed here on my own and booked this very last minute. Owners were very accommodating, price very reasonable and place was very clean. Free Wifi in room, coffee/tea making facilities, Telly etc. I didn't have the breakfast as didn't want any so can't comment on this but I'm sure it's lovely.. Bearing in mind I just descended upon them at 7pm (having booked five minutes prior to arrival by phone) and they weren't expecting me at all. Very very pleased with this place and its accommodating hosts. Highly recommended!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 December 2015

Below, there seem to be 13 reviews of this establishment only 2 of which are critical. I agree with every word of those 2 critics. Whatever makes the other 11 people believe this place is worth 4 or 5 "stars" let alone the Tourist Board? I will not repeat what the 2 severe critics below have said because, as I say, I agree with them. As an example of how poor this place is I will mention one unbelievable matter. The bedside lights are so cheap that they do not even have switches and the owners have not even bothered to fit a switch to the electric lead so one has to lean out of bed and switch off the power point into which the light is plugged! Has any reader of this ever come across anything quite so ludicrous in an hotel or B&B?! I would have no complaints if it boasted just 1 star.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo