“Excellent staff and rooms ( good price!)”
Review of Nether Abbey Hotel

Nether Abbey Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in North Berwick
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I have been going her for years and I love every thing about it amazing staff,excellent rooms and very good price!

• Stayed: July 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Nether Abbey Hotel

Reviewed 27 January 2012

Just returned from 2night stay at nether abbey and had to write a review due to the excellence I encountered. From the moment my girlfriend and I arrived the staff were so friendly and attentive. The location is perfect for anywhere you'd wish to visit in north Berwick. Only a 5minute stroll to the town and the railway station if your planning a day in edinburgh.The hotel has a really friendly atmosphere and was spotlessly clean. Our room (no-5) was very spacious and modern with lovely en-suite bathroom. The breakfast was gorgeous with plenty of choice. We were only planning to eat in the restaurant the first night but the standard of food was so good we ate their the second night also. Having been born in north berwick but leaving at an early age I was a little apprehensive on returning due to all the good memories I have but the town is as lovely as I remember and our stay at the nether abbey was a big part of a trip down memory lane. Will definitely be returning at some point and without doubt the nether abbey will be first on the list. Thanks again to all the staff for making it such a good stay in my home town.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2012

As we were unsure as to what we were doing on the 1st this year due to unforeseen circumstances we latterly booked this hotel for lunch quite late.

We have been many times before therefore know the food is excellent.

The drive down from Edinburgh was a pleasure - the sun was out for once and quite mild!

We arrived to a warm reception and what a beautiful Christmas tree with sparkling lights and dressed so well at the door.

We were shown to our tables immediately and given the menu and what a lot of plates to choose from.

My hyusband chose the cream of onion soup and myself dressed fish cakes with salad as was unsure about the cream of onion soup.

However when it arrived it looked lovely and I swopped with my husband who did not mind.

We had steak and all the trimmings for the main and although quite expensive well worth it as done to what we had ordered.

By this time we were feeling rather full but I ordered pavlova and ice cream for dessert and my husband the cheese board.
Then coffee and liquers.

We had asked for a doggie bag which was wrapped in tin foil (with no problem) and given to our dog in the car who wolfed the contents down.

I always love North Berwick ever since going there frequently as a child therefore we took the dog and ourselves for a long walk along the beach.

The tide was far out and plenty of hard sand to walk on and the dog loves being thrown seaweed - one stick went into the water and he went in I think with excitement but out again as the water must have been cold.

We could see Incholme and the Bass Rock clearly and thoroughly enjoyed the outing.

Many thanks to all the staff and Management for the super lunch and efficient service.

We then went on to first foot friends and family and a good day was had by all.

We shall certainly be back soon as the dog and ourselves love North Berwick. Just a pity the shops were shut in the High Street!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Having stayed at the Nether Abbey for the first time this weekend I would thoroughly recommend it. Beautifully decorated, with a warm welcome from all staff it was located in the heart of North Berwick. Our room was very spacious and tasteful and we were incredibly surprised it was only classed as a 3 star hotel. We had both breakfast and dinner in the hotel and the food was outstanding with excellent service and staff had a wonderful insight to all dishes and wines to accompany them. All staff over the course of our stay were fully equipped with local knowledge and incredibly friendly. We’ll definitely go back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fiona C
Reviewed 21 November 2011

What a find! 10 family couples with children to visit our clan Tantallon Castle and celebrate my birthday.Meticulous attention to every detail from rooms to food and service.Modern,spacious,individual rooms with style.A thoughtful plate of fresh fruit ,art magazines and a model sailing boat in the bathroom ( I like all three by chance !).Bathrobes,bath and shower in the top room.We could even use it for the photo-shoot the family planned for us.
The food choices and standard were excellent for breakfast ,lunch and dinner.More detail in local sourcing and kitchen making added to the gastronomic pleasure.The wine was really good. We were given a dining room for ourselves and dedicated team of service staff.They had the perfect balance of being thoughtful, personal and attentive.
The hotel is child friendly.They provided toys and reassured us about babies and toddlers.One of the parents had to leave the dinner table to attend to a baby and without prompting the waitress discreetly took the plate to keep the food warm.
North Berwick is a Scottish gem with good shops, beach and sea-bird centre to keep all the family amused with a pleasant stroll.
We felt the value for money was excellent for the overall quality. Last weekend we stayed in an Edinburgh "top hotel" in the west end and this was way ahead on every count.
Highly recommended for this sort of family function.This is a family run hotel run to a very high standard by people who care and try very hard. It will outshine a corporate brand every-time.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
14.4 km away
Bayswell Park Hotel
Bayswell Park Hotel
#2 of 3 in Dunbar

Been to Nether Abbey Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK