“Nice course, awful reception”

Royal West Norfolk Golf Club
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Having played a few times I can say the course is great but once off the course the fun stops, twice we have been made to feel like we didn't belong and when passing on the weekend I thought Id drop by to see how bad the tidal storm affected the place. After walking towards the clubhouse and asking if it was possible to get a scorecard for a friend I was greeted with "Sorry, who the hell are you?" followed by "Sod off" I admit it must be frustrating to have the course covered in sea water and some structure damage but would Greg Norman have received the same welcome? Hopefully the see washes this vile man away with it next time...

Date of experience: December 2013
"norfolk"
"round"
"house"

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Having recently moved to the area from Woburn, where we enjoyed a wonderful club. I was very tempted to join this club, I have used the pro shop many times and found Mike to be very helpful and a true gent. However on this occasion after my visit to the pro shop we thought a cup of tea and cake would be nice, and it really was, lovely tea and cake and excellent service thank you. My only gripe was that I having forgotten to remove my (very smart cap) I was approached by a club menber and informed that hats were not allowed in the club house , its a shame he chose to do so in a embarrassing and unnecessary manor, a discreet word would have cerficed. (I am always in favour that club rules are recpected) In view of this experience I will be looking to join Hunstanton golf and not Kings Lynn

Date of experience: November 2013
6  Thank Norfolkdream
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Awesome golf course and don't be put off by having to play foursomes - we still had a great day and you can get round (weather permitting) in well under four hours.
Everyone friendly especially the pro.

Would have rated this as excellent BUT we all agreed that whilst we are relatively fit the first tee is reached via deep sand and it takes considerable effort to push a trolley through it. A few railway sleepers (?) would help the more elderly/infirm visitors.

Date of experience: September 2013
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I play in a match every year against the club and along with Hunstanton and Rye is one of the matches I don't want to miss! The club is old fashioned and a little quirky and the course is out and back along the side of the dunes. There are a number of short holes Par 3s & Par 4s that still show you don't have to be long to be a good test. I would love to play it when the tide is in but have never been able to manage it :o( Sad for the guy who was disappointed but there's no accounting for taste! I for one am always pleased when its June again and I am out on the traditional links on Brancaster.

Date of experience: June 2013