“Romantic Get Away”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Marlow
Milton Keynes
“Romantic Get Away”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Very well presented hotel.
My Wife and I had club lounge access which entitles you to complimentary canapes and drinks (wine was actually quite nice for free). Alcohol is only available from 6pm and when we arrived at 6.15pm it was full and had to stand with our drinks whilst waiting for a table, very small room.
The hotel has free 30 minute WiFi, but the bedroom didn't have a WiFi signal, so could be frustrating for a business traveler.
The room was nice and clean, TV is dated, wasn't flat screen.
Breakfast was delicious, full English buffet style and continental was also available.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow , we value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us, and had the opportunity to access ourexclusive Club Lounge access that is available to Priority Club members. Please be assured that your comments regarding the WiFi connection in the bedroom have been discussed with the management team along with the rest of your feedback.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

Hotel Administrator
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Polish first
Bourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed again at the hotel 17th/18th February; it was an extremely busy weekend for the hotel.

Given an upgrade to an executive room as we are Priority Club members; most appreciated and a superb room.

Told them it was the wifes birthday on 17th and was greeted with some super chocolates in the room; very kind of the manager.

As always, our stay was trouble free and all the staff were great.

We always use this hotel when staying in the area; don't think we could do better.

It always a good idea to book as early as possible to get a really good price.

Room Tip: Join the Priority Club and book early to get a good price.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RobandAli4
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow, we value your comments as they help us to improve our services and to maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that your stay with us was such a success and your wife had a wonderful Birthday weekend. It is always a pleasure to know that we have been able to add something special to our guests’ stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

Bath
Reviewed 20 February 2012

First of all, I accept that hotels will deterioirate to the point at which they are refurbished - simple wear and tear. However, I have been using this hotel occasionally for a number of years now, and this is the first time I have noticed a deterioritation in quality. Sadly, I have a feeling that the drop in quality includes the service and attention to detail as well as the fabric of the hotel, and that is more disappointing. My room was definately showing its age; if you can see past the appaling, dated TV system and lack of in-room wireless, most notable was the tear in the quilt cover, the power socket loose on the wall, the broken drawer, the wobbly desk, the magnetic drawer catches that don't, loose fittings in the shower and sink and most disappointly massively failed pillows (fibre filled pillows deteriorate over time to a point at which the fibre forms into uncomfortable balls - this had happened to every pillow in our two rooms). Also, the mattress was very disappointing for this standard of hotel. Other signs were visible in the public area too, including lifting carpet and loose and failed lights. Even the shower gel in the spa was empty. I also felt that the mini-bar is now stocked poorly and the towel supplies had dwindled. Both room service orders had problems; one was completely the wrong dish, and neither delivery had sufficient cutlery and napkins for the number of ordered dishes, all adding up to suggest the hotel is either not as well managed as it has previously been, or perhaps cuts are being made in these difficult times. Cut too much and it becomes a Holiday Inn with a smart reception. When you next refit your hotel, please drag your TV system into the current century and perhaps you should take a leaf from Marriott's book when it comes to matresses and pillows ? I have to say I still enjoyed my stay - it was also very good value with a great book ahead rate - and I still like the venue, but I am now very aware that it may not be the hotel that it once was....

Room Tip: I have not noticed a difference, having stayed in both wings and on both floors.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

I would like to extend my immediate apologies that your stay with us was marred by certain factors, we always like to exceed our guest’s expectations and it is clear that on this occasion we were not entirely successful. Please be assured that your feedback is appreciated as it enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary steps to ensure that they do not occur in the future.

In respect to your comments, we do endeavour to maintain a high level of maintenance throughout the hotel and this includes both the public areas and the bedrooms. I thank you for bringing to my attention that there are certain areas that need attention and will ensure that our Maintenance Team will complete the necessary work to maintain the standards that are appropriate to a Crowne Plaza Hotel. It is with great pleasure that I can assure you that all the old CRT televisions are being replaced with new flat screens, I hope that you will return to the Hotel to experience this.

In regard to your experience with Room Service, I am extremely sorry this occurred and apologise for the inconvenience that this must have caused. I can assure you that the matter has been investigated to ensure that it does not occur again.

Please be assured that we value your feedback and have taken note of the areas you have highlighted, I hope that I can look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Kent U.K
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We are only stayed here for one night to meet up with an old friend but would happily have stayed longer. Our room on the second floor was quiet, spacious and clean with lots of pillows and cushions to make it comfy The bathroom was lovely with a separate shower cubicle and a bath, magnifying mirror and a selection of nice quality toiletries and a note inviting you to request any forgotten items (complimentary) We ate in the restaurant and the food on the whole was nice but not the best I've eaten and it could have been hotter. It was a bit pricey and had a 12% service charge already added which I don't ever approve of, but the staff were efficient and friendly.All in all a this hotel made a good impression and I would definitely return.

Room Tip: We were in room 237, it overlooked the car park but it was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Thank you for spending taking the time to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and to maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that you will have the opportunity to return to the hotel for a longer visit in the near future.

London
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Good location in its own grounds,lake.Spa too. Booked to attend wedding near by on some 'deal' small print,No Breakfast,so check if you booking on this, as they don't reply to emails. Phone option is long customer satisfaction message at 10p p/min. Breakfast is £12.50, its good, plenty to choose from,but if you thought £65.00 pp pn In January would get you breakfast, your mistaken. Bar is open late,which is handy but £6.00 for G&T isn't so good. Staff professional and responsive . Strolling down to Marlow spotted Premier Inn close to the river,maybe a option to get away from over priced cab rides.Without a car the walk into town isn't exactly the leafy side of Marlow.

Rooms are as expected,large clean ,olde worlde CRT telly though.And only one bathrobe; take turns in using it?
Ordered a cab for the 3.5 miles journey ( a black cab) £15.00! Driver claimed it was Marlow rate, and £28.00 return as it was 'after midnight'..Crikey. Living in central London,as we do i would have felt ripped off.Maybe they have a tie in with the hotel chain? Worth trying alternative firms,me thinks.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Frank F
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Thank you very much for your review regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and to maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had the opportunity to use our wide range of facilities, including the Quad Club Health Spa. Thank you for your comments on how we can improve the certain areas such as the room facilities, please be assured that 2012 will see the installation of flat screenTVs throughout the hotel bedroms.

I would like to apologise that prior to your stay we did not return any of your email queries - we pride ourselves on our excellent guest relations and it is unusual for us not to respond to any questions that are sentn to us, this matter will be fully investigated to ensure that it does not happen again.

In respect to your comments regarding the taxi service, I would like to assure you that although the hotel does recommend certain local firms we unfortunatly have no control over the charges, this is done at there own descretion.

I know there are different choices when it comes to accomodation in Marlow but I do hope you will keep using Crowne Plaza as your preferred hotel and I hope that I can look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Hotel Administrator
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlow
1.5 km away
7.1 km away
Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor
17.6 km away
Holiday Inn Reading - M4, Jct 10

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK