All reviewsgreat locationthe rivertea and coffee making facilitieshigh streetvisiting marlowroom was cleanfull englishianhostssuite
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I and two of our friends, also from Rhode Island, stayed at this B&B in June for three nights. We were in Marlow to attend a wedding of a mutual friend. On arriving at the B&B Zosia brought each of us tea in our room, which was much appreciated after our long trip. We all had delightful and airy rooms, ours being an ensuite. Our friends shared a bathroom. Both our bathroom and that of our friends were very modern with wonderful showers. Breakfast prepared each morning by Zosia was great. A quintessential English breakfast cooked to perfection.
In addition to the real sense of welcome and comfort provided by Zosia and Ian, we were thrilled that we were so close to the center of the lovely town of Marlow and to both the church where the wedding was being held and the hall where the reception took place. The day after the wedding we were invited to the home of the bride's parents for lunch. As it was further away than we had anticipated and even though we could have taken the train from the small station less than five minutes' walk away, Ian kindly offered to drive us all there, This is not what we normally expect of a B&B and it's one of the reasons why we have no hesitation in giving 10 Lock Road our strongest recommendation to others thinking of visiting Marlow. We are extremely grateful to both Ian and Zosia for their hospitality. Thank you!

Room Tip: Zosia and Ian will help you out. Easy-pleasey.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank St3phani3R
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Being right next to Marlow train station is a big bonus, and the accommodation does not disappoint either. This is a wonderful, clean house with the best in modern shower room facilities for the single room occupant, comfortable bed, and in-room facilities including Sky TV. The house is tastefully furnished with antiques. Eating a hearty, cooked breakfast alone in the breakfast room watching squirrels in the garden was a delight. The owners are very friendly and accommodating, allowing guests to check in early, and in my case, go for an interview and return in the afternoon to get changed before checking out. In all, I had an excellent stay and can highly recommend to all.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Just stayed for two nights at this lovely B&B whilst visiting Wembley with friends. I was made to feel very welcome by Zofia and Ian. The double room is ideal for a short stay overlooking the back garden so therefore is very quiet. All the usual requirements are there for you.
The house is situated just 10 minutes walk from Marlow high street and all of the bars and restaurants and is near the river for any sight seeing.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stayed in this B&B for 1 night. Zofia & Ian are very kind and helpfully. They both speak English in a way, we can understand, what is very important for foreign visitors! English breakfast as we like it and sufficient. This B&B is okay, if you only need a bed and a place to have a rest. The most comfortable bath at our journey. All is very clean. Good meals and drinks in the nearby Pub "The Marlow Donkey". Beautiful environment and a lovely walk along the Thames only a few steps away.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I recently booked a weeks stay at 10 Lock Road .. Well I thought I had !
But first things first .. I tried to email and telephone to book but communication was very poor. Having failed to contact the proprietress I eventually spoke to her husband who was not able to assist and he told me she was abroad. To be fair I did eventually get a response and confirmed the booking for a week .. I was told I could not make payment in advance, nor would they accept a deposit and they only dealt in cash but I was reassured the booking was fixed.. Fair enough
However I have now received a call from the proprietress who told me of her dilemma .. The guy staying in the room allocated to me has decided he wants to stay longer .. Tough some may say .. Yep, tough on me ! She cancelled my booking !
So I am now left high and dry just before the stay in Marlow .. Replacement accommodation has cost me an extra £280 for the week !
I cannot make comment on the cleanliness, accommodation etc .. But I can make honest comment on reliability and quality of service .. There isn't any ! Be warned !!

Stayed: February 2013