Just returned from spending a week at this hotel and it is as the other reviews have said, very clean and well maintained, very friendly staff with a smile and hello all day long, and the food is great - you would only have yourself to blame if you left the restaurant hungry. The sunbeds are plenty and even if people do get up early to save them and you wonder down later that isnt a problem as there are so many there are always ones free. The pool area is gated to the seafront and you get a keypass to get onto the walkway by the sea (where you can walk for miles, turn left for the busier areas of town or right to the small fishing village with great fish restaurants) For us the hotel was in an excellent part of the town as we like it quiet but a bus ride or walk will take you to the more touristy areas.
We were on the 6th floor of the hotel with a side sea view, a little bit disappointed we werent on the seafront overlooking the pool but the room did get the sun until late into the afternoon, and thats what we like. We did hear some people asking to change rooms at the reception and they did seem very accommodating if you wished to do this, so if your not happy with your view my advice would be to ask, they seem to be very helpful in this respect, if they can change you they will. The safety deposit boxes are 15 Euro each week.
There is a mini bar in the room but no kettle, we took a travel kettle and it came in handy as the coffee is really strong and we also like a cup of tea in the morning. The supermarkets only 5 mins away to buy milk so if you need your fix of nescafe and PG Tips take a kettle. Try the hotels iced coffee though, around the pool its lovely.
Sorry this review is only telling you what you have already probably read but there isnt alot to say that hasnt been said already.
One tiny gripe, you have to vacate the room at 11 am on departure day and if your pick up is later in the day there isnt a lot going on in the hotel to occupy you. We decided therefore to request a late check out so we could lounge by the pool and they can only tell you if this is possible the night before. (I dont like to wonder too far on the day we are leaving and like to be at least in the hotel grounds) For the 4 hours we had the room they charged us 50 Euros. A little bit cheeky i think when we didnt get the room until 7pm on the day of arrival. Anyway i suppose if we keep paying they will keep charging.
Anyway if you want to know anything else please email me and if you book im sure youl have a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Costa de Adeje* 9 storey building* Located on the seafront * 21,000 garden * 150 m from Playa del Duque beach * Entertainments and shopping centre are within 1,8 km distance in La Caleta * 22 km from Internacional Airport Reina Sofía Tenerife Sur (TFS) * 150 m from a bus stop * The hotel has been completely refurbished in spring/summer 2015 * Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Tenerife reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Tenerife Adeje
- Hotel Riu Palace Tenerife Adeje