US$ 294
Priceline
US$ 125
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
Apartamentos El Barrio(Nerja)(Great Value!)
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrooftop poollovely hotelcentral locationbusy squarebalcon de europacar liftjuliet balconiesbella romabreakfast room isstayed here for three nightsroom overlooking the squarelight sleepercentre of townbars and restaurantsair connice bathroomgreat for people watching
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Our second stay three years later was even better due to the fact that the hotel had been refurbished and offered improved service and facilities. The hotel is ideally located centrally nearby the Balcon area and with numerous restaurants/bars close at hand. The breakfast menu was improved and offered a good selection of fresh food to cater for all tastes. The rooms overlooking the plaza are in my view the best option due to being able to view the comings and goings of people and absorb the atmosphere from the balcony, however due to the live music (easy listening and some purely instrumental classic guitar & violin) until midnight may not suit some early to bedders. The wifi was generally good in our room (208).

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony views over the plaza are better in our opinion
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Brilliant location.
Stayed here for 3 nights for a friends wedding. Was only upset we didn't get to stay longer. We got upgraded to room 302 on arrive which was amazing! Balcony and private sun loungers for ourselves.
Breakfast was lovely too.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2017

This little hotel is an absolute gem! Conveniently situated right in the heart of Nerja overlooking it's namesake square - The Plaza Cabana, which comes alive around 11am and by early evening is bustling with people sitting in the little cafe bars which line the square and people heading towards the Balcon d'Europa a mere 2 minute stroll from the hotel. The hotel is extremely clean and my bed linen and towels were changed every day. All the staff were pleasant and helpful but Tatiana on reception duty is particularly lovely; she kindly carried my suitcase down the small flight of stairs at the entrance to the toilet without being asked. She was very welcoming on my arrival and made me feel 'at home' immediately. My room was decorated in cool shades of blue and white, it felt and looked cool but very Spanish/mediterranean looking. The air conditioning was excellent too so always felt cool in the room which was lovely after a day in the hot August sun (which I am not complaining about!') Lovely modern spacious and well lit bathroom with large corner shower and a fabulous make up mirror. My room also had a mini fridge which was ideal for keeping water and drinks in, a wall mounted satellite TV and a small Juliet balcony which was big enough to fit a chair on to sit and watch the world go by. The breakfast room is also lovely, again very Spanish, but I love this and prefer it to the 'canteen' style restaurants of larger more touristy hotels. Their was plenty to choose from at breakfast time, from cereals, fruits, yoghurts etc to traditional breakfast items, like scrambled, boiled eggs, bacon, toms as well as continental meats, cheeses, cakes, croissants and my favourite pain au chocolat. The pool area although small is so peaceful and relaxing. I never had any trouble getting a sunbed and the Bali beds look gorgeous. Next time, because there will be a next time, I am going to book one, didnt this time as I hadnt budgeted for it, although they weren't particularly expensive - 30 euros for 4 hours with beers/cava/sangria and fruit was one of the deals; they have different deals available. Nerja itself is gorgeous with lots of lovely winding little streets to explore in the old part of the town which is 5 mins walk from hotel. The balcon is an excellent place to while away an afternoon under a shaded pavement terrace cafe with beautiful views of the sea and mountains. This area comes alive at night with street musicians, artists and of course the bars and cafes. I travelled alone and felt perfectly safe for the whole of my stay. I will definitely return to this hotel and cannot recommend it enough.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front probably have the best view overlooking the square.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank 249Christine
Reviewed 24 August 2017

This was our first time visiting this area and it was one we will never forget for all the right reasons, the hotel was spotlessly clean, the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful and the rooftop pool area was perfect for chilling out and relaxing.
The beauty of this hotel is its central location, you are virtually metres away from lovely shops restaurants and bars. As this was our honeymoon we were left with great memories and we will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank huntjohn60
Reviewed 24 August 2017

This hotel is right in the middle of Nerja and a stones throw from the Balcon de Europa. Rooms are well appointed and we took a room with a terrace which while expensive was essential to enjoy the hotel fully. Pool area small but this is a city hotel. Two beaches within five minute walk. Bigger beach about a fifteen minute walk. If you want a sun bed or day bed on any of the beaches plan and book ahead. We ate at restaurant 34 and food and service here is great.

Room Tip: Pay extra for room with terrace
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family