1,515 results
All reviews overlooking the marina large hotel room facing bars and restaurants buffet style cold meats ideal location sea front short break malaga airport cleaned every day train alley gibraltar promenade
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

After reading the various reviews on here since booking our stay at the Las palmeras and the fact that we were flying with Ryanair filled me with so much dread that I really wasn't looking forward to coming here at all.

But I can honestly say what a pleasant surprise I had.

The hotel is in the perfect spot overlooking the harbour, the room was big with a massive bed and bathroom, very clean, the housemaid replenished the towels every other day.

The food is tasty and hot, adequate choice, albeit the sweet selection tends to consist of various coloured mousse, could do with more cakes maybe? If your a profiterole lover then you'll be in heaven!  the restaurant has recently been refurbished and is very modern.

The breakfast can get quite hectic with people vying for tables which I'm sure could be resolved if they opened up the extra seating areas that they have.

The staff are helpful, friendly and hard working.

The pool area is lovely with a well stocked bar, though is need of upgrading as are the sunbeds but they are usable, we didn't struggle to find spare ones but I'm sure in peak season this would be a problem.

The pool bar closes at 7 which means the lobby bar can get quite busy at certain times.

Alternatively the beach is just across the road where you can get 2 sunbeds and a parasol for €10, and also free WiFi!

Yes the hotel does need updating, they are obviously doing this in stages as it is very big.

I would say it is more a 3 star than 4.

There isn't much in the way of entertainment, some bingo, Spanish dancing and a quiz, the dj is a friendly chap who tries his best to get everyone involved,  but then you are in the prime position to go out to the nearby bar and restaurant area.

There are a lot of golf parties that stay here, who do tend to monopolize the restaurant, bar and pool areas,  in they're large numbers, it can be quite intimidating with the less respectful members of the parties who are loud and use bad language with no respect towards other hotel guests, some of which are quite mature and also some children.

We arrived late on the Saturday night and the London bar opposite was bouncing, the noise didn't affect us as we requested a quiet room and to be honest the doors and walls are quite well soundproofed for the noise.

I honestly don't understand the negative comments that others have left on here, you get what you pay for, we were all inclusive and found it excellent value for money, if you want 4 or 5 star facilities then you will need to pay a bit more for it elsewhere.

I would definitely return here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donna D
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Hotel is so old and in desperate need of an update.
Rooms were grotty but beds were clean.Shower either freezing or boiling hot. Exterior resembled a prison block.
Pool area is very dirty and beds all well past their sell by date.Pool was full of seagull poo and seagulls one day we were there.Severe health hazard.
Didn’t eat there at all.
Noise from the strip bars and front went on til 6 every morning and then the builders started,
I seriously thought I was in that Carry On film from years ago.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel ....
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Marce1611
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is ideally located if you want beach front accommodation, however it is slap bang in the middle of the night life and lap dancing bars which go on till late. The hotel itself is clean but getting tired in certain areas which being on a lads golf break wasn’t an issue as we were rarely at the hotel. Nice powerful shower.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Duncan N
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for a week half board and had lovely time. The room was spacious and clean and included a fridge which was an added bonus. Breakfast is the same as you would get in any Spanish hotel but the evening meals were excellent. Every night there was plenty of choice and they cater for everyone. The hotel is situated in a good position. Close to the beach and amenities and also a 10 minute walk to the Miramar shopping centre. We have booked for June 2018 for our honeymoon and booked the deluxe room which were being renovated whilst we were there ( no disturbance my I add). I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan J
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Stayed at the hotel from Monday 25 th sept to sat 30 thsept. Before leaving read some of the reviews which put me off. But after staying some of the reviewers are talking rubbish, yes the hotel is not 5 star however the rooms are clean and tidy. Cleaned every day with clean sheets and clean towels. The breakfast had plenty of choice and there was a chef on duty every morning who made fresh omelettes. As for the noise at night. As soon as we closed the balcony door .we slept like logs. Don't be put off by some reviews

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends