1,395 results
All reviews stunning views dining room old town minute drive public areas moorish fortress swimming pool top floor historical building view from the balcony standard room beautiful hotel reception staff la yedra day trip lovely restaurant small window
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I've been staying at Paradores (a state owned and run boutique hotel chain) for over 20 years, so I know what I'm reviewing. This was my first time at Parador de Carmona, a most beautiful hotel inside a Moorish fortification. For being one of the jewels of Paradores, the mattresses at Carmona Parador are among the worst I've ever slept on !!! It's a big shame that the Paradores management in Madrid equips this magnificent 4*-5* hotel with low quality mattresses. Clearly, they're trying to maximize profits at the expense of their guests. This awful mattress and its foundation caused my legs a lot of pain and swelling, preventing me from enjoying my stay. I ended up going to the pharmacy in the town of Carmona to get a special ointment to treat my swollen legs !! This is not the fault of the on-site Director of Carmona Parador or its employees. The top management in Madrid are to blame; they manage this amazing boutique hotel chain as if it were a *2 star hotel chaig, cutting corners everywhere they can. Breakfast boasts a lot of industrial pastries rather than offering local and organic products. Another example of poor centralized management from Madrid is the fact that the swimming pool of this Parador doesn't open until 11:30 in the morning...come on, it's sunny since 8am and it gets hot here in the summer-People should have the right to go for an early swim. CONCLUSION: I won't return to this Parador unless the Paradores management in Madrid takes action to replace the existing horrible mattresses with a high quality ones. By the way, wiser investment to get quality mattresses as you won't have to change them as often. I encourage the Paradores management in Madrid to prioritize the comfort and rest of its customers by providing them with top quality mattresses.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelojimmy
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Awesome setting on a hilltop work charming relaxing feel. Very mauve breakfast. Good rooms.
Not the best bed...and why doesn't the very nice pool open for a morning swim? It only opens at 10 or so.
But other that that fantastic.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jacob L
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Fabulous historical Parador. Amazing, breath-taking views, superb restaurant, excellent service. The exterior and interior of the Parador is fascinating and beautiful.A wonderful experience as always. Definitely one to come back to!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Paradores Hotels
ParadorCarmona, Front Office Manager at Parador de Carmona, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion. We are really happy that you have enjoyed your stay and restaurant.
We are glad to hear that you will come back, we will be pleasure to see you next time.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Now we feel like such smart road-trippers after booking the Carmona Parador for a two-night stay! Temps of 105°F made just walking around a challenge, and the stunning pool with bar and shady lounges was worth the trip down the cliff from the Parador itself. The property is an amazing restored palace with Islamic influences such as interior courtyard. Great food and kind staff. And, just a quick bus ride to downtown Seville, so we did not have to drive around looking for parking. Carmona itself is a pleasant town with walking, a fort/wall and Islamic cistern to explore. Perfect Seville stop!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank BarbyCPA
ParadorCarmona, Front Office Manager at Parador de Carmona, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Thank you very much for your mention, we are very happy to know that you had a great stay in our Parador. We look forward to see you soon at a new visit

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Here for 2 nights to tour round Seville
Beautiful location
Wonderful views from the open bar
Room 219 – 17-18 May 2017
Bit disappointed with our room located underneath the open bar area but after reporting were advised we could move if we wanted.
Very little around in the form of restaurants so we ended up eating in the hotel restaurants on both nights.
Loved the food on offer on the first night… got a little repetitive on the second on the basis of variety.
Either way, wonderful and tasty food and generous portions!
Only took advantage of the pool once and it was very pretty and great staff.
Great rooms to explore. Bit creaky in the corridors but part of the charm I guess.
Would I recommend - almost definitely for the experience and location!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for sharing your good opinion about us, we appreciate your recommendation and we hope to see you again