All reviews couple of days town centre beautiful hotel patio bed reception car street parking breakfast
Reviewed 26 October 2017

We loved this place full of atmosphere.
The staff were extremely nice ,the breakfast amazing for the price .
In the town centre but in the pedestrian only zone so we had to find parking for our car. We were given a map and instructions but never managed to find the entrance to that car park ,ended up parking in Muralles, not that far from the hotel.
We would have loved to stay longer but the following day it rained so much we travelled back to Malaga where the sun continued to shine.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScottishMyszka
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Amazing place, in the middle of the city. The room was really spacious and the breakfast was amazing in the middle of the XVI s. hotel. We were a couple of days my girlfriend and me and it was fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2017

A glorious base for a couple of days of gentle exploration of Baeza and neighouring Ubeda - this refitted historic building is right in the town centre, a short stroll from the main square ringed by restaurants, and we were lucky enough to be assigned a huge room with equally huge bed and expansive bathroom - corner whirlpool bath, powerful shower, top facilities. Not sure if I'd have been as delighted if we'd been given a ground floor room, each of which is reached up a short flight of steps from the breakfast courtyard.

Only niggles were rattling flags/poles on the balcony directly outside as the wind picked up, but I managed to muffle them by cunning use of cannibalised shoeshine sponge, and a widescreen TV perched somewhat precariously on a narrow table which wouldn't need much of a nudge to bring about a disaster.

Breakfast had to be sampled because of the stunning setting - to be fair, it wasn't a spectacular feast but there was a good range of foods on offer though the waitress service on hot drinks was a bit of a brake on our normal rate of ingesting caffeine first thing.

I've seen a couple of sniffy comments about standoffish staff - not so, the welcome wasn't over the top, which is the way we like it, but we had no issues.

Most visitors probably stick to the town centre but a gentle stroll on the designated walk around the edge of town with spectacular views over the surrounding countryside (Paseo las Murallas) should not be missed.

If you're travelling by car, avoid the expensive parking options right in the town centre because there is plenty of free on-street parking only a short stoll away, we found a spot on Calle el Carmen and it didn't cost us a penny.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John F
Reviewed 20 July 2017

This hotel is located in what appears to be one of the "palacios" that is the highlight of the twin towns Baeza and Ubenda. We had a suited and a normal room and both were really nice. Expect some street noise in the late evening and in the morning (street cleaning). While parking close by is expensive and troublesome - its only a short walk to free street parking. I found that the hotel is "overselling" their breakfast - but maybe its just a little more Spanish that what we are used to? The staff was helpful enough but only had limited English knowledge and maybe came through a little "reserved"

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I stayed in this beautiful hotel for a couple of days. It is really a palace hotel. The room is spacious enough, nice furniture. I salute to your staff name Luis Alberto in the reception, who is very professional, friendly and very attentive to all the guests request. He is a great asset of the team! Keep it up.

My booking is included with breakfast, full of selection of foods and super tasty. All in all, no complaint. I surely recommend this hotel to my friends who love to come in beautiful Baeza.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends