All reviews leave your key basic breakfast small hotel good size cereal tv spain
Reviewed 21 June 2018

While some reviews insist on slating this place I have to say for a 1 star hotel after conversión from a hostel, it served its purpose.

The location really is everything, close to the centre it makes an ideal base to visit the sights.
The rooms are basic but functional, some reports suggested ants in the room, we only encountered that 1 morning and traced it to food residue on the bottom of a pair of shoes used the night before.
Breakfast is a simple continental affair so if youre looking for a cooked breakfast or waiter service you are in the wrong place, not being early risers even if a few ítems were already used up but the staff were willing to supply more from the stores.

I agree the bed was short, I am only 5 foot 10 and found myself touching the headboard and footboard. the shower cubicle could be larger, I found myself touching both sides at the same time but these were only small complaints.

some people have complained about the Street noise, I agree the narrow streets mean that at several times during the night you could be woken by Street cleaners or delivery trucks but I dont believe this can be blamed on the hotel

Room Tip: choosing a room away from the Street would reduce the chances of being woken overnight
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Horrible hotel, our room was small and noisy (204) and infested with hundreds of Ants, Indifferent staff,disorganised breakfast. Was woken at 2AM by street cleaning and again about 5AM by lorries being unloaded.
It was a good job we were not on our Honeymoon as this was the squeakiest bed I have ever slept in (or tried to sleep!)
There is a lift to all floors, but beware of the carpet in the hallways which has come loose in places ans is a real trip hazard.
I was glad to leave, the receptionist wouldn't even phone for a taxi for us!

Room Tip: stay at the Hotel Numero Uno
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

I suppose it depends on what you want. The hotel is clean but the room we had was very small. The bed was not even a double and our feet hung over the bottom. Also had a plastic protective cover on the mattress which creased up, making an uncomfortable bed even worse. Add noise from other guests and the cleaners and you guessed it, poor sleep for 4 nights. The wardrobe was small white and what you would put in a child's room so not much storage. The bathroom was big which doesn't make sense when the room was tiny. Some of the reception staff were a bit miserable and you have to leave your key with them when you go out.
I love Antequera but wouldn't stay at this hotel on the next visit as I need another holiday to get over the lack of sleep.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

My friends and I decided to book this one star hotel considering its location is in the city centre and value for money. Taking into account the public reviews are greater than 8, we booked it and had a pleasant stay there. It is not easy to locate it but the taxi from the city centre bus station only cost us €5 one way. The breakfast buffets were relatively good as it only charged €5 per head. The super markets are just around the corner.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Madona0035
Reviewed 8 August 2017

The hotel is a nice and simple and was good for our stay. The rooms were fairly small but then there were 3 of us to a room. Can't complain much but at least the bathroom was big enough for our family.

The hotel was located close to the town square and there are plenty of shops around. We looked forward to evenings having some cerveza and tapas in the square. There's also a morden market close by where you can check out fresh produce in the morning.

The caretaker at the hotel was really friendly and greeted us with a smile every morning while he prepares the basic breakfast of toast, cereal, fruits etc. He also impressed us with his quick learning of Malay phrases which we taught him the day before.

Overall, a decent place to sleep after a full day of exploring and hiking in Antequera

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family