See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 January 2017

We visited hotel Amax last summer and we had a really great time. The apartament was comfortable and spacious, big enought to fit 3 generations (me, my mum and 3 children). The facilities are fantastic. Really nice outdoor pool, with lots of sunbeds and chairs. Great indoor pool with some activities available. Beautfill place, right at the lake and woods. The food was amazing, I am vegetarian and I was treated as a queen having seperate meals served. Some nice kids activities, small play room and nice outdoor play area. Kids were never bored. Not too far to the town, but far enough so it was not too busy around. The hotel staff is a big asset too. We may come back again one day.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

We staid for a weekend and it was perfect experience . Relaxing , quiet. Perfect Service , very nice. The view would be perfect but you have to look at the most awful hotel ever created : hotel Mikołajki ... But. Very good breakfast! Overally for sure the best or one of the best places in Mikołajki .

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

I ve been in This hotel some time ago and now ir is much better! Better service better atmosphere. Suprisingly much better experience then hotel mikołajki . Worth trying and spending time here. Perfect place for walks and evening chillout.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2016

Im coming to this place 5th or 6th time in the row. 2nd time for New Year cellebration. What might be a better recommendation?
The best food in Mazury!
Great service!
Lake view in unforgettable!
Kids have fun, animals welcome!

Room Tip: Ask for lake view
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2015

Scratch of Heaven
It has been absolutely best vacation ever for me. I have been thinking why. So here are details of my thinking

STAFF
Sorry for this quasi pathetic remark. I as manager must say that staff is extremely devoted. They know it is their work place and they treat it that way. Everyone from hotel manager to handy man treat this place and guests satisfaction as their ultimate task. I have seen professional crews but here I have not seen such an extraordinary devotion of everyone. If one is a manager must see it. Helpful, professional, friendly, responsible.

AREA
I'm Pole and I was once as a kid in this area. I have seen different places on earth. But I was amazed how beautiful is that area. Low humidity, lake, forests, temperature. It is really as in heaven. Just breathe and watch. I was afraid of drunken and screaming people. It seems it is Polish families and German pensioners beloved place so you will see only well behaved vacationers. Prices are quite low. Kayaking - 25 EUR for a day, water-bike 7 EUR/h, dinner in a restaurant between 3-5 EUR, and a lot of different interesting places. (I was thinking a lot whether to write it , but in the area you can visit Hitler's bunker). And there is more and more of history of that place.

WEATHER
It is just wonderful. Low humidity, close to lake and forest. Just take a bike or boat and enjoy.

ROOMS
Comfy and well equipped. Full of place, two rooms. Wonderful views. I felt much better as in my home.

AMENITIES
Staff will help you with everything. Biking, boat, kinect, PS4, billiard, swimming pools, grill and fire place. You and your kids can enjoy of all.
GUESTS
70% are Poles. Mainly families with small kids treated and small trophies. Quiet and responsible. I think you know what I mean.

IF I REALLY, REALLY HAD TO COMPLAIN
No fruit and vegetables for breakfast and lunch. Maybe it is driven by guests demand. You can eat well but during 13 days only 3 times we can have fruits. Chopin boat - it is free one time trip but the ship sailed only 5 times during my 13 stay.
Even though staff is trilangual - you may need some polish assistance to use all possibilities at maximum.
Sometimes (once in decade) you can hit disappointing weather, I mean rainy and around 18 Celsius. I had +35 degrees on average and it was gorgeous.

FINAL SENTENCE
As I have read my opinion I felt I missed main point. Believe me it is scratch of heaven in terms of staff, guests, weather and area. Just believe me and go there.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Marta K, Kierownik at Hotel AMAX, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2015

Dear Sirs, thank you very much for very favorable opinion after your stay and comprehensive description of all services offered in our facility. We invite you once again, Mikołajki are very beautiful also during winter season.